Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Irish Red and first foray into the amazing Caraaroma.
250g Caraaroma, and 150g of Carared.

Well how frign red do you need to get? <_<
One of my best ales ever :)

IrishRedLarge.jpg

Well how frign red do you need to get?
One of my best ales ever

Looks like 1 big tall glass of deliciousness! :icon_drool2:

roggen
kegged this morning but i had to try one

100_2780.jpg

100_2783.jpg

K-97 is a very good yeast for anything rye, i really think if you stuck to style and fermented this with WB-06 it wouldn't be as good, imo.

Tony may have another opinion though :)

cheers

Rain Weizen:
rain_weizen.jpg

Getting absolutely pelted in Melbs atm! Going for originality on the circumstance of shot. Bit foggy as was shooting thru ziplock baggie to protect camera.

reVox

Getting absolutely pelted in Melbs atm! Going for originality on the circumstance of shot. Bit foggy as was shooting thru ziplock baggie to protect camera.
reVox

ooking out of my building at work opposite melb central (argus place). i can hardly make out the buildings infront of me... kidna scary. only thing i can see is the flashing nights of emergency services which have been going nuts since the rain hit.

ooking out of my building at work opposite melb central (argus place). i can hardly make out the buildings infront of me... kidna scary. only thing i can see is the flashing nights of emergency services which have been going nuts since the rain hit.
By the number of wrong keys you hit in that post the rain must be really heavy! :ph34r:

IrishRedLarge.jpg

Was I the Idiot who told you 250gm was too much? Looks like another one for the horribly long to do list :icon_cheers:

Bribie - I love the Combo of Caraaroma & carared - It's a match made in heaven for ales.
Used in most of my English beers.

Cheers Ross

K-97 is a very good yeast for anything rye, i really think if you stuck to style and fermented this with WB-06 it wouldn't be as good, imo.

Tony may have another opinion though :)

cheers

I have never tried the K-97 but i have had a pack in my fridge for about 5 years now..... might have to chuck it in a roggen and check it out.

If its milder in flavour than a propper wheat yeast, it probably would suit better..... as rye is a strong flavour on its own.

I will give it a go mate. Im open to anything!

cheers

If its milder in flavour than a propper wheat yeast, it probably would suit better..... as rye is a strong flavour on its own.

from what im aware its just a german ale yeast. good for alts as yardy has pointed out previously.

I have never tried the K-97 but i have had a pack in my fridge for about 5 years now..... might have to chuck it in a roggen and check it out.

I will give it a go mate. Im open to anything!

cheers

It's nothing like a weizen mate, give it a try it in a roggen and let me know what you think.
I fermented @ 20*C with a rest @ 25*C or so then crashed o'nite.

all Aussie Tettnang to about 18IBU really lets the rye do its thing B)

cheers

Was I the Idiot who told you 250gm was too much? Looks like another one for the horribly long to do list :icon_cheers:

Bribie - I love the Combo of Caraaroma & carared - It's a match made in heaven for ales.
Used in most of my English beers.

Cheers Ross

I'll bring a bottle to the Bitters night in a couple of weeks. :icon_cheers:

PMLou's 100% BrettC from the sour case swap
2nd bottle, drunk with a little age on it.

Pineapple and other fruit on the nose, with a hint of sourness.
Slight sweeet malt flavour with the sour note at the end finishing the mouthfeel. This sour note is retained in the mouth to assist with each flavour.
Glad I had two bottles as the first was interesting young but is a far superior beer now.

Nice work!
100_brett_003.jpg

Edit: Not actually sure what the forum etiquette is for posting a photo of another's person beer is, but apologies, if necessary, for posting PMLou's tasty beer (does this help :)) without asking first.

Double edit: (What's the terminology for this one? ). Yes, I am posting after some tasting sessions...

Last glass of my Nanango Summer Ale.... Pic doesn't do the clarity justice, damn low MP iPhone Camera!

summer_red.jpg

Cheers

Could demolish one of those right now.
Hey you've obviously been having rain out there, in all the years I was a Rothmans rep on the Kilcoy to Kingaroy and all points to Kilkivan circuit the place usually looked like something from a Henry Lawson short story, dead cattle and all. Smashing view there. :icon_cheers:

Back