Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ITs a nice drop....... this was based loosley on that but more malt and a bit less hops.

glad you like it...... it gets better after about a week in the keg so dont drink it too quick :)

cheers

wp.JPG

This is a pale ale I made a while ago with about 8% toasted flaked oats. Tastes a little.... interesting but it's getting better with age ;) It holds a lovely head though!

It's the only one on tap tony, so I'll be happy if it lasts the weekend. I also forgot to adjust hop amount to my higher AA hops, so it really has a good punchy hop flavour/aroma.

well...... where is your picture?

cheers

Heres my "Bubble and Squeak" pilsener made from putting some left overs together. Very sad to have run the keg dry, it was just hitting its straps. I will definately make again but next time will age it

100_2470.JPG

100_2471.JPG

He it is tony, can you see the hop fumes coming off it???
Taken on camera phone under halogen light so not the best photos.

Going...going...gone.

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00031.JPG

Yep..... thats what it should do :)

Good job old chap :D

cheers

PJBA_lacing__549_x_824_.jpg

Sheep_Shagger.jpg

Well dont know whats going on

seems you can only edit your posts for 5 minuites after you post............ dane?????????????????????????????

I did add text explaining this was the lacing on my Pacific Jade Blond Ale and the one below was the Sheep Shagger..... still milky form all those hops. Still bloody hoppy too. 6 months in the bottle has dried it out a bit too and the bitterness is more prominet in the finnish.

Pacific Jade Blond Ale

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 54.00 Wort Size (L): 54.00
Total Grain (kg): 10.00
Anticipated OG: 1.047 Plato: 11.60
Anticipated EBC: 8.0
Anticipated IBU: 23.7
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
40.0 4.00 kg. IMC Ale Malt Australia 1.038 4
30.0 3.00 kg. IMC Pilsner Australia 1.038 3
20.0 2.00 kg. Weyermann Vienna Germany 1.038 7
5.0 0.50 kg. Weyermann Carahell Germany 1.035 26
4.0 0.40 kg. Weyermann Carapils Germany 1.037 3
1.0 0.10 kg. Weyermann Acidulated Germany 1.035 5

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
20.00 g. Pacific Jade Pellet 15.20 17.8 First WH
20.00 g. Pacific Jade Pellet 15.20 5.9 10 min.
50.00 g. Pacific Jade Pellet 15.20 0.0 0 min.

Yeast
-----
US-05

Mashed in at 2L/KG at 52 deg for 20 min, infused to 64 deg with boiling water for an hour and then infused to 71 for mash out.

proof is in the pudding.

cheers

17042008103.jpg

here is my belgian experimental

bonj's Amarillo and bsaaz bright ale... mm mmmmmm no pic now cause its all gone :( well just about ;)

A recent pic of one of my favourites --- Ambleside ESB, which could well become my 'House' beer.
I know it's the wrong glass but who cares?

Looks like my pic will not upload either. Where are you Dane or Doc?

TP :beer:

My house Alt
This time with a twist that I really like,thanks to craftbrewer and a slip up on my part.

"Technically imagination and creativity should
be listed as ingredients"

Even if it's by accident :lol:

alt_002.jpg

Batz

Looks great Batz, love the snowy head.
No secrets here mate, what's the twist?

Cheers
Andrew

Belgian golden strong its a bit lighter than pic due to low lighting

100_0958__WinCE_.JPG

Looks great Batz, love the snowy head.
No secrets here mate, what's the twist?

Cheers
Andrew

OK Andrew

I have a old mate here who brews K&K and always will,he does like my keg set up though.
So I convinced him to brew his K&K here,put it into temperature controlled fridge,lager yeast and add craftbrewer sazz liquid hops to the keg.
All went well and I was waiting for the hops from Ross (another story there ;) ) brew was kegged and in the fridge,hops arrived and were added.I then put his brew on tap at my place for him,the brew was OK for K&K but I was disappointed as I could not taste the sazz hops.
Later I tapped my Alt and was surprised by the unusual taste,sazz! in the wrong keg.I let it sit for a month or more and tried it again,very nice drop indeed.
Not sure what category it falls into or if I would brew it again,but it's a nice beer ATM.

Batz

:lol: You gotta love it when screw ups turn out for the better

Seeing as we are having a few tonight

alt_003.jpg

My latest ' Far Kin Ale ' another top drop

Batz

OK Andrew

I have a old mate here who brews K&K and always will,he does like my keg set up though.
So I convinced him to brew his K&K here,put it into temperature controlled fridge,lager yeast and add craftbrewer sazz liquid hops to the keg.
All went well and I was waiting for the hops from Ross (another story there ;) ) brew was kegged and in the fridge,hops arrived and were added.I then put his brew on tap at my place for him,the brew was OK for K&K but I was disappointed as I could not taste the sazz hops.
Later I tapped my Alt and was surprised by the unusual taste,sazz! in the wrong keg.I let it sit for a month or more and tried it again,very nice drop indeed.
Not sure what category it falls into or if I would brew it again,but it's a nice beer ATM.

Batz

Geez mate, hows this for irony, I am sitting here drinking your Alt recipe but due to ordering the wrong hops I had to use Saaz B for bittering and Halletau Mitt for flavour and aroma.

It's a bloody good drop too!!

Did you convince your mate to go all grain? :p

Cheers

Andrew

Geez mate, hows this for irony, I am sitting here drinking your Alt recipe but due to ordering the wrong hops I had to use Saaz B for bittering and Halletau Mitt for flavour and aroma.

It's a bloody good drop too!!

Did you convince your mate to go all grain? :p

Cheers

Andrew

Never in a million years Andrew
He's happy doing what he does,by the way he thinks temperature control and lager yeast is a waste of time and money. A.G.? Feeding strawberries to pigs !!

Batz

Back