Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could go to sleep on that head

looks delish!

Here's a pic of my 100th AG, an american red ale

View attachment 18398

SG 1.080 FG 1.020 ALC 7.8% IBU 68.5
It has heaps of carared as you can no doubt see, with lots of columbus and cascade. On first tasting after force carbing I was dissapointed, it was harsh and seemingly bitter. However after a week and a half in the keg it is another story, the flavours are coming together nicely indeed. IMHO mission accomplished.

cheers

Browndog

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: , one day I might brew that great!

I think I'm starting to get the hang of these Weizens now.
Still fermented using WB-06 however I fermented higher @ 26 and changed my mash schedule slightly.
Resulted in an FG of 1.012 instead of the usual 1.008 and a LOT less tartness with just the barest hint of banana and a bit more mouthfeel. Very happy.

View attachment 18399

There's a wow factor there Andrew. Just for the nosy side of me can you post the mash schedule please? :) I'd love to eek more body from WB06. To be honest I'd rather go back to Wyeast 3068 on my next Weissbier (That's unless the new Lallemand strain produces the goods).

Warren -

There's a wow factor there Andrew. Just for the nosy side of me can you post the mash schedule please? :) I'd love to eek more body from WB06. To be honest I'd rather go back to Wyeast 3068 on my next Weissbier (That's unless the new Lallemand strain produces the goods).

Warren -

52 for 15 minutes
66 for 30 minutes
72 for 30 minutes

I think the 3 increase in the first sach rest made a huge difference, that and the higher fermentation temp.

Andrew

Just tasted my Hefe thats almost done in primary after 72 hrs. Used the new Danstar wheat yeast and its bloody tops. Fluffy creamy smooth body and lots of bananna which in extatic about :) Also a touch of clove and bubblegum in there to even it all out.

Cant wait to get this in the glass. As soon as its dont its getting dumped in the keg from prinary, yeast and all and carbed up!

grain to brain in under 7 days id say. Im a liter short (its in the blow off tube bottle) but it was double decoction mashed 1.054 gravity so a bit of watering down wont hurt.

Pics to come soon once this bloody APA is all gone.

cheers

Munich Dunkel

A bit late in the afernoon to get a good photo but this will do.

Tastes fantastic.

IMG_5013_1.JPG

Well the reason I got started brewing in the first place was black beers, I luv em!
This is one of my favs, my Original Porter. Sitting here enjoying some research & development!
Cheers
Gerard

March_122.jpg

Yummo.. I loved your porter you used to make, it actually got me right into dark beers. this one much different?

Not that much difference actually. This is the 1st time I have ever brewed a small batch(22litres) of Porter. Everything else has always been a larger(6hl) experiment! It reminds me of the Porter that I brewed at Paddy's, but as it hasn't been filtered, it tastes that little bit better!
Cheers
Gerard

cliffo, i do hope your going to share some details on that delicious looking Dunkel

Fantastic looking beer !

cheers

cliffo, i do hope your going to share some details on that delicious looking Dunkel

Fantastic looking beer !

cheers

Tony,

Info in this post here

Needs some tweaking but still tastes great in it's current form.

cliffo

I think this was a TCB wetpak with some amarillo hops thrown in

S4010080.jpg

Oktoberfest

IMG_5017_1.jpg

Going down very easily on an overcast Friday afternoon.

That looks awesome cliffo, are you going to share the recipe :icon_cheers:

Rook

Sure thing.

Can't claim it as mine as I think I "borrowed" most of the recipe from someone elses recipe on this site (not sure who - sorry).

Anyway, this is what I ended up with:

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 21.00 L
Boil Size: 25.42 L
Estimated OG: 1.056 SG
Estimated Color: 19.9 EBC
Estimated IBU: 23.7 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
2.57 kg Vienna Malt (Weyermann) (5.9 EBC) Grain 48.15 %
1.44 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC) Grain 26.85 %
0.99 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 18.52 %
0.20 kg Melanoidin (Weyermann) (59.1 EBC) Grain 3.70 %
0.10 kg Caraaroma (Weyermann) (350.7 EBC) Grain 1.85 %
0.05 kg Acidulated (Weyermann) (3.5 EBC) Grain 0.93 %
44.18 gm Tettnang [4.10 %] (60 min) Hops 20.1 IBU
16.07 gm Tettnang [4.10 %] (15 min) Hops 3.6 IBU

Mash Schedule: My Mash
Total Grain Weight: 5.35 kg
----------------------------
My Mash
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Step Add 12.00 L of water at 76.3 C 67.0 C
10 min Mash Out Add 5.50 L of water and heat to 78.0 C

I used 2x packets of W34/70 yeast.

Brewed as part of my (very early) prepration for my 2nd annual Oktoberfest BBQ to ensure I have drinkable brews on tap + the added bonus of being able to drink a great drop before hand :beer:

My first shot at an American Amber Ale...I think I prefer this to the traditional APA, which for me is big call..its just for more meat to it if you know what I mean :blink:
Cheers
Steve

P1010024.JPG

My California Common.
The all Northern Brewer hop schedule is delish.
CaliforniaCommon_004.jpg

Doc

An APA brewed 1 month ago, and just 2 weeks in the bottle.

IMG_0247.jpg

P4060004.JPG

My mixed lineage IPA. Not really American, not really British. :icon_drool2:

Ordinary Bitter

70% Galaxy 30% Munich II and 100% Willamette Flowers.

P3210327.JPG

The simplest beer I've made to date, and one of the better ones.

Latest posts

Back