Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bit carried away at the bottle'o on the weekend.
Beers.jpg
Haven't cracked any of them yet. Super keen to try out my new La Trappe glass. :icon_cheers:

Which bottlo Muggus? I have been trying to find one of those La Trappe packs since Christmas

Ordinary Bitter

70% Galaxy 30% Munich II and 100% Willamette Flowers.

View attachment 18469

The simplest beer I've made to date, and one of the better ones.

That looks really nice, I would have thought it would be a bit darker with 30% Munich II. I love the simple malt/hop bills in a beer, it really tests your brewing skill and gives you a great feeling when the results are exceptional.

Andrew

Ordinary Bitter

70% Galaxy 30% Munich II and 100% Willamette Flowers.

View attachment 18469

The simplest beer I've made to date, and one of the better ones.

Joe.....If it tastes even half as good as it looks it must be a ripper :icon_chickcheers:

cheers Ross

Hi Muggus.

I'm interested in your review of Deus. What style glass should you use for Deus?

Very envious.

Wally

Ditto on both counts. I read it could be good in a flute. I'm pretty sure that was in michael jackson's beer eye witness companion thingy (its not here!), "more impressive than champagne because it holds a head" if memory serves correctly :D

Which bottlo Muggus? I have been trying to find one of those La Trappe packs since Christmas
They still have quite a few in the Vintage Cellars down this way. (Turramurra) Excellent price for it too...$15-16 for a glass and 4 Trappists!

Hi Muggus.

I'm interested in your review of Deus. What style glass should you use for Deus?

Very envious.

Wally
I'll keep you posted Wally. I've been thinking of saving it for a special occasion, but damn its tempting!
It recommends drinking it out of a champagne flute.

Cheers

P4080001.JPG

My Adamiwka Alt. A Dusseldorf-style Altbier. Going down well after the shitty day I've had.

That looks really nice, I would have thought it would be a bit darker with 30% Munich II. I love the simple malt/hop bills in a beer, it really tests your brewing skill and gives you a great feeling when the results are exceptional.

Andrew

I intended it to be a little darker, however the OG wasn't as high as planned (only 1035) so its a little lighter and a touch too dry. Next one will have an adjusted malt bill and a higher mash temp.

I suppose I had better hurry up and finish the keg, then.

BTW Ross, it doesn't taste quite as good as it looks - but close enough for me :D

An IPA that reVox hand balled my way... love the 75 IBU count on this beer.

IPA.JPG

My Adamiwka Alt. A Dusseldorf-style Altbier. Going down well after the shitty day I've had.

Mate that beer looks bloody tops. Do you have a recipe or did ti just apear in the glass :p Im planning an altbier soon but never brewed the style. What yeast did you use?

cheers

Mate that beer looks bloody tops. Do you have a recipe or did ti just apear in the glass :p Im planning an altbier soon but never brewed the style. What yeast did you use?

Here's the recipe Tony:

~11.0 gal (42l) finished wort volume, brewed in my HERMS
4.36kg pale 2 row
3.45kg light munich
259g caramel 60
168g biscuit malt
180g German Tettnang pellets (2.3%) mash hopped

Infused with 30l water @ 158F, hit 145F & raised to 148F. Held 148F 60 min, then ramped to 167F & drained. Infused with another 35l water @ 167F and recirculated until mash temp came back up to 167F, then drained.

1.7oz Chinook pellets (11.6%) 90 min
pinch of Irish moss 15 min
Wort chilled via CFC and each carboy got a 30 sec shot of pure O2. Pitched directly onto Wyeast 1007 German Ale yeast cake from a previous batch. Pitched @ 65F.

OG 1.051
FG 1.010

Total of ~34-35 IBU

Fermented @ 64-67F. Sorry about the temperature units, they're what I "brew up" using.

It's a fairly bitter style; I have a recipe for a Northern German Alt that's really good and it's not quite as bitter. Let me know if you want to have that.

Sometimes you just have to break out the stein after a hard week at work.
The Yardglass Session Lite. First pour from a new keg of it. Lovely. Almost clear (can't tell from bad photography though).

Stein_YardglassSessionLite_004.jpg
Stein_YardglassSessionLite_001.jpg

And yes I only had one stein (of the Lite), then refilled with Cali Common, then IPA, then Dunkelweizen :beerbang:

Doc

Nelson Centennial CAP. 30% maize.

Thanks to Rossco - cracked my CAP duck. Although I am biased I rate this as the best Pils I have made - just devine - and really simple. 2 weeks G to B - will have a month of CC now but couldn't help applying small dent to keg last night.

Beers

RM

PICT0050.JPG

Nelson Centennial CAP. 30% maize.

Thanks to Rossco - cracked my CAP duck. Although I am biased I rate this as the best Pils I have made - just devine - and really simple. 2 weeks G to B - will have a month of CC now but couldn't help applying small dent to keg last night.

Beers

RM

My favourite lager style as well - Looks bloody gorgeous RM :super:

cheers Ross

My European Ale of mystery which was basically intended to be a German Pils but I pitched a Belgian yeast strain by mistake. Eitherway it's turned out to be a pleasant drop.

EuroAle.JPG

A porter brewed in August last year. The recipe is exactly as in Palmer's book.
Lovely smooth drinking, beautifully balanced with just the right touch of bitterness from the chocolate and black malts.
Dumped onto the yeast cake from an APA brewed with WLP001

IMG_0258.jpg

Pacific Jade Blond Ale.

Very happy with this beer. The hops could have been a bit more "bold" as said in their description. I would call them mild or subtle.

Light spicy hop character sitting just underneath a creamy but light and clean malt character.

Very drinkable, laces the glass all the way down and holds a great tight head.

So much for protein rests killing head retention........ i do one on every brew now.

cheers

PAcific_Jade_Blond_Ale__549_x_824_.jpg

I'm drinking your LCBA clone Tony, wonderful drop, been kegged only for a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back