Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Razz...
I was kinda hoping to show you the Irish Red Ale...
After all it was you that told me to brew it!
IRA_005.jpg
Great beer. Very young, and should get even better! :)
Cheers again
Juddy

nice work juddy i hope to one day grow into an AG brewer just like you

Your my brewing idol

hahahhahahahhahah
kleiny

Kamikaze Rice Lager... Who said rice CAPs were gutless? This one is really nice. Has a good spicy hint of Hersbrucker in the finish.

Loving this S189 yeast more every minute. No filter or lagering on this baby. Just a sachet of Cow's hoof. :D

Sheesh back to some late work now. <_<

Warren -

01042008305.jpg

:eek: is that a schooner glass?

Whers the PHAT?

:)

P4010301.JPG

P4010300.JPG

Drinking a keg of the Kolsch I entered in the HAG comp. Night vision photo's aren't so good. It's not the best beer I've ever brewed, but it's not the worst :D

:eek: is that a schooner glass?

Whers the PHAT?

:)

:lol: Yep, schooey it is. Travelling lightly tonight. Had a bit of late work to do. Thought the PhAT may have made my mind stray from the job. :rolleyes:

Warren -

that looks awesome, id almost be too scared to drink it.

thats almost........

Kamikaze Rice Lager... Who said rice CAPs were gutless? This one is really nice. Has a good spicy hint of Hersbrucker in the finish.

Loving this S189 yeast more every minute. No filter or lagering on this baby. Just a sachet of Cow's hoof. :D

Sheesh back to some late work now. <_<

Warren -

Looks great Wazza, so this yeast didn't leave any off flavours when fermented at the higher than norm temp?

Rook

Looks great Wazza, so this yeast didn't leave any off flavours when fermented at the higher than norm temp?

Rook

Not one me old Rookster. Surprised the heck outta me. No lagering either. Just some gelatin and drink. This yeast is going to be getting a bit of a go from me this year. Suits Pilsners to the ground.

There's probably just the tiniest hint of fruitiness that's barley detectable. Not completely out of style in a lot of pilsners. Makes me suspect that a lot of commercial breweries using this strain of yeast (and probably others) don't lift the temps to speed things up either.

I often wonder with lagers if all the "good stuff" happens in the first 24-72 hours (or when the yeast is mainly reproducing). It can pretty much stand ramping up from there.

Warren -

Here's a pic of my 100th AG, an american red ale

DSC02073.JPG

SG 1.080 FG 1.020 ALC 7.8% IBU 68.5
It has heaps of carared as you can no doubt see, with lots of columbus and cascade. On first tasting after force carbing I was dissapointed, it was harsh and seemingly bitter. However after a week and a half in the keg it is another story, the flavours are coming together nicely indeed. IMHO mission accomplished.

cheers

Browndog

View attachment 18398

It has heaps of carared as you can no doubt see, with lots of columbus and cascade. On first tasting after force carbing I was dissapointed, it was harsh and seemingly bitter. However after a week and a half in the keg it is another story, the flavours are coming together nicely indeed. IMHO mission accomplished.

cheers

Browndog

Looks great Browndog, sometimes those bigger beers just need a little time for everything to blend in together.

Andrew

View attachment 18398

cheers

Browndog

:icon_drool2:

I was just thinking on the way home Im gonna have to brew another beer with columbus soon... and quite possible with some rye :icon_cheers:

I think I'm starting to get the hang of these Weizens now.
Still fermented using WB-06 however I fermented higher @ 26 and changed my mash schedule slightly.
Resulted in an FG of 1.012 instead of the usual 1.008 and a LOT less tartness with just the barest hint of banana and a bit more mouthfeel. Very happy.

weizen2_001.jpg

That almost looks good enough to drink Andrew ;)

Hope you have some left for the brew day, I am interested to try the WB-06 at higher temps. I was less than impressed with it at 21C...

That almost looks good enough to drink Andrew ;)

Hope you have some left for the brew day, I am interested to try the WB-06 at higher temps. I was less than impressed with it at 21C...

I've disconnected the keg so hopefully, unless the gremlins get in we should be right :p

Andrew

Back