Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look very Belgian :blink: :lol:

Like the slow shutter effect!

Yeah, the Belgians have a large hole in them after an inlaw stayed over night [again]. <_<
He was a red wine drinker until he found this style and my bar to his liking, I don't mind [I keep telling myself]. :unsure:

American Red
Super clear, great hop presense, and awesome colour.
AmericanRed_012.jpg

Oh and great lacing.
AmericanRed_007.jpg

Doc

Amount Item Type % or IBU
1.50 kg Munich, Dark (Joe White) (29.6 EBC) Grain 25.42 %
1.50 kg Pale Malt, Galaxy (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC) Grain 25.42 %
1.50 kg Rye Malt (9.3 EBC) Grain 25.42 %
1.00 kg Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC) Grain 16.95 %
0.17 kg Crystal Rye Malt (Thomas Fawcett) (157.6 EBC) Grain 2.88 %
0.17 kg Melanoiden Malt (39.4 EBC) Grain 2.89 %
0.06 kg Carafa II (811.6 EBC) Grain 1.02 %
24.00 gm B Saaz [6.70 %] (50 min) Hops 15.5 IBU
10.00 gm B Saaz [6.70 %] (10 min) Hops 2.5 IBU
1.00 items Banana (Boil 5.0 min)

Would probably up the Rye next time - not sure I am brave enough to go 75% though.

This is developing into my favorite style - so interesting - so different.

RM

From memory i think mine was at 45%, 1 very minor stick at sparge but i think i can do 75%, wonder how it would go with the new wheat yeast ?

cheers
Yard

It takes a bit of stirring to mix the gelatine up but for me it cleans up chill haze so that why I love it. Otherwise I would of got a filter a lomg time ago.

We should start a new thread on adding gelatine.
Until we do...you can't add it to a cold keg hey?Goes all lumpy sort of. Or does it?

Batz

We should start a new thread on adding gelatine.
Until we do...you can't add it to a cold keg hey?Goes all lumpy sort of. Or does it?

Batz

Batz, you have to add it to a cold keg otherwise it doesnt work. And the colder the better, I always chill my beers down to 0C before adding gelatine then sticking in the kegerator at 5C. My reasoning for chilling to 0C is to get the greatest about of haze formed before clearing.

Batz, you have to add it to a cold keg otherwise it doesnt work. And the colder the better, I always chill my beers down to 0C before adding gelatine then sticking in the kegerator at 5C. My reasoning for chilling to 0C is to get the greatest about of haze formed before clearing.

Ok I remember doing this years back and the gelatine formed little balls as I added it to the cold keg,then they plugged up the dip tube

Batz

i did the same once to an empty firmenter and it all set really quick on the bottom. I assume you run a bit of beer in and then add it to get it to mix with the beer effectivly?

maybe a topic should be started ?

cheers

Jeff, you have to dissolve the gelatine in slightly cooled boiled water first.

Andrew

Guys Ill put together a few pics for a tutorial and start a new thread in a few hours.

7 day young bottle conditioned (yeah I know - I couldn't wait) All Grain Aussie Dark Ale......

Dark.jpg

Cheers

PB :icon_cheers:

Mt Hood Kolsch

Mt_Hood_Kolsch_007.jpg

My first go with Mt Hood. Lovely Light bodied beer. Perhaps a little to much bitterness, but this combined with a a dry finish make for a very easy drinking ale. Initially the Mt Hood was too evedent but has now mellowed into a pretty good beer.
Not my favorite hops for this style, but I still had fun trying! :icon_cheers:

Juddy

is that a finding Nemo bowl on the right braufrau?

:)

is that a finding Nemo bowl on the right braufrau?

:)

Ummm ... that's what you find most appealing about the photo?? :rolleyes:
Yes it is!

I know the background is cluttered. I'll have to practice taking nicely composed photos like the rest in this thread.
evablush.gif

:lol: No the stout looks great...... would look better if you took the photo in daylight without flash. Flash kills pics of beer in cold glasses, makes them look all couldy and such.

Try putting it somewhere out of direct sunlight but with a nicly lit backdrop for the photo.

And as for Nemo......... we have one here too :) My 2 yearold uses it every day. We bribe here to eat her dinner to see nemo :)

cheers

Mt Hood Kolsch

View attachment 18379

My first go with Mt Hood. Lovely Light bodied beer. Perhaps a little to much bitterness, but this combined with a a dry finish make for a very easy drinking ale. Initially the Mt Hood was too evedent but has now mellowed into a pretty good beer.
Not my favorite hops for this style, but I still had fun trying! :icon_cheers:

Juddy
That looks like an ad!!!
Between the beer and the angle of the barmat and whatever is forming the background....
Brilliant!

Thanks for the compliments!
The photo was easy, but getting a Kolsch I'm happy with has proved much harder!
Very hard to hide a flaw in this beer!
Tonight it's an all Cascade and Amarillo APA.
APA_007.jpg
It's all be said before...
I love this beer! :)
Cheers
Juddy

Back