Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice head Andrew! :D
Like the colour of the body, very pale, almost like a Belgian Wit!

Okocim Palone... Interesting beer. Blurb says has it has an addition of malt that is "dried with the malt fire burning process" :lol:

Smells nice, tastes suprisingly good but a bit sweet. I would have originally thought they meant smoked malt. Seems more caramelised and sugary to me. Nice hit of hop aroma in the finish. Almost like a Belgian dubbel minus the yeast character.

Beer that grows on you. :)

Warren -

16032008279.jpg

At last I kegged my latest Roggen - delicious and silky.

I did end up chucking the Banana in - subtle but evident. Would put 2 in next time.

RM

Roggen.jpg

My Ordinary Bitter...
Very happy with this one.
First Gold / Goldings hop combo...
March08_061.jpg

Okocim Palone... Interesting beer. Blurb says has it has an addition of malt that is "dried with the malt fire burning process" :lol:

Smells nice, tastes suprisingly good but a bit sweet. I would have originally thought they meant smoked malt. Seems more caramelised and sugary to me. Nice hit of hop aroma in the finish. Almost like a Belgian dubbel minus the yeast character.

Beer that grows on you. :)

Warren -

Looks interesting Warren - who stocks it?

G'day Winkle

I got it from Swords Select. They run two stores down here... one at the Queen Vic. Market and the other at the South Melb. Market.

Very heavy promoter of local wineries and micros with the odd import tossed in.

Found myself a little cynical with this beer but actually enjoyed it and found myself wanting another one by the end of the glass. B)

Okocim's regular pils is usually pretty easy to get. Unfortunately their highly awesome porter is also another difficult one to find.

Warren -

Bitsa, a Munich Helles/Dortmunder thing...
Recipe was changed on brewday, was going to be a german pilsner...

bitsa3.jpg

At last I kegged my latest Roggen - delicious and silky.

I did end up chucking the Banana in - subtle but evident. Would put 2 in next time.

RM

nice one Rog,
what %age rye did you go with ?

i'm going to try a 75% rye roggen as soon as our bundy bulk buy shipment turns up (thanks Andrew :icon_cheers: )

cheers
Yard

Ben that looks sooooo good :icon_cheers:

cheers Ross

tastes pretty good too. For a beer that was made up on the day due to not having enough pilsner grain it has turned out well.
Nice malty sweetness with enough bitterness to back it up...

Batch Size: 21.00 L
Boil Size: 32.00 L
Estimated OG: 1.047 SG
Estimated Color: 11.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 34.1 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 70 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
1800.00 gm Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 40.00 %
1800.00 gm Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.9 EBC) Grain 40.00 %
900.00 gm Vienna Malt (Weyermann) (5.9 EBC) Grain 20.00 %
25.00 gm Smaragd [8.00 %] (40 min) Hops 22.8 IBU
30.00 gm Smaragd [8.00 %] (10 min) Hops 11.3 IBU
1 Pkgs SafLager West European Lager (DCL Yeast #SYeast-Lager 34/70)

Bitsa, a Munich Helles/Dortmunder thing...
Recipe was changed on brewday, was going to be a german pilsner...

Reduced 93%

2304 x 3072 (1.2MB)

This post has been edited by bconnery: Today, 06:51 PM

That looks great. Did it get kegged? if so did u use a filter or gelatine/similar?

That looks great. Did it get kegged? if so did u use a filter or gelatine/similar?
It is kegged, with gelatine. No filter.
I chill down at the end of primary for a day or so to really drop out anything and then keg with gelatine.

Cheers
Ben

It is kegged, with gelatine. No filter.
I chill down at the end of primary for a day or so to really drop out anything and then keg with gelatine.
HEY.. THATS JUST WHAT I DO. Great minds?

Ahhhh bloody hell..........would someone hose this lot down and break up the fun :p

question...... if you put the geletine in when you keg, do you get much crap in the bottom of the keg..... assuming it was fairly clear from a crash chill after firmentation was done?

cheers

No more than would normally drop out... it works awesomly :icon_cheers:

Tony, it works a treat mate. I kegged a CAP on Thursday after crash chilling. I hit it with 400kpa for about 6 hours. Ran off about 200mls to clear the line and any crap on the bottom of the keg then I was into it. And it only get;s cleaner/clearer over the next few days. Also there is not funky taste with the gelatine. I use 2 tea spoons mixed with a little boiling water and just dump in the keg prior to filling. Give it a go, u wont look back.

Steve

The amount left in the bottom is pretty small. I've always done it so I can't give a comparison to any other method...

To tell the truth there is a little bit more left in the bottom of the keg because if the beer is clearer using gelatine the yeast has to go somewhere. But the only time I notice is when I am cleaning the kegs out when they r empty, so who cares how much shit is on the bottom then. I always have a healthy build up of yeast at the bottom of my kegs as I dont secondary now, just rack straight to keg after primary fermentation.

Steve

Latest posts

Back