Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patersbier.

100% Dingemans Pils.
Saaz for bittering and a little Hallertau Mitt in the cube to ~17IBU.
Fermented with WY 3522.

med_gallery_30557_1283_632255.jpg

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Patersbier.

100% Dingemans Pils.
Saaz for bittering and a little Hallertau Mitt in the cube to ~17IBU.
Fermented with WY 3522.

med_gallery_30557_1283_632255.jpg
sounds so simple yet awesome. i still haven't but i'm dying to make one of these bad boys. looks awesome by the way :)

TheWiggman said:
The last bottle of Patersbier I brewed for the case swap. Really hits the mark for my tastes, 3787 Trappist high gravity is a brilliant yeast.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1477038118.865491.jpg
did your 3787 go mental (overflow, krausen at heights you couldn't believe possible, climb out of your fermenter and grow legs and create its own city etc), even on a lower strength beer?

23l brew in a Coppers fermenter required a blowoff tube. Not 3068 crazy, but a true top cropper. Ferment high (22-24°C) for glorious Belgian esters.

Hoppy Rye Saison with Brett

View attachment 92561

Based on recipe here http://www.thepourreport.com/hoppy-rye-saison-with-brett-trois-recipe-and-review/

First (intentional) batch brewed with Brett. Fermenter, tap and bottles now dedicated to dirty ferments.

Brewed a big batch with Balcony Brewer. He fermented with straight Saison, I fermented with Wyeast 3031PC Saison Brett Blend. Seemed very 'barnyard' in the fermenter but cold and carbed it's lush. Balance is spot on between fruity hops, peppery dry Saison character and just enough barnyard creeping in at the end. Very approachable for a Brett beer, will be interesting to see how it develops over the next few months

English Pale Ale. Last night... Not 1130 this morning.... Not that there's anything wrong with that...

image1 (23).JPG image1 (24).JPG

fletcher said:
looks awesome! what's the recipe?
Its pretty much Dr Smurtos Landlord, but I mash lower for 60, boil for 75 and finish at 1.010, so get slightly more alc at about 4.5%
94% M.O.
4% Dark Crystal
2% Acid for my water
Fuggles at 60min to 25 IBU
EKG at 10mins to 5 IBU
Styrian G at whirlpool at a touch over 1g/L
S-04 at 1g/L
Fermented through at 19°C No D rest.
Done in 3 days.
On tap in 7 days.

Not photo worthy really but............
An IPL in the glass. It may well have qualities better than any IPA I've made this Lager version of the IPA balance.
Its cloudy to be expected when Its got a big sunk bag of Gallaxy hop flowers sitting in the keg around the dip tube that all the beer gets drawn through.
This is fully malty and fully hoppy at the same time. Its over the top on both fronts at least for unexperienced mega swillers but that's not made for them. Its made for me! I have another keg with a sunk bag of Cascade Flowers lagering to be connected to the tap when this one is finished.
I know that will be better because I'm now convinced I like my home grown Cascade better than Galaxy.
I love clarity for visuals and such but cloudiness for flavours sometimes will get the priority.

Edit: The basic recipe.

IPL (New World?) 40lt
OG = 1.060
FG = ~1.012
IBU = 47.5
EBC = 17
ABV = 6.3%
Measured Efficiency = 74%
10.9kg total grain:
4.6kg Powels Pale Malt = 42.2%
2.4kg Pilsner (Weyermann) = 22%
2kg Munick Dark = 18.3%
1kg Wheat Malt = 9.2%
0.65kg Melanoiden = 6%
0.25kg Acidulated Malt
Mashed in esky overnight starting at 63c ending at 40c after 12 hours. 3 Decoctions raising back to 70c then batch sparge.
40g Victoria home grown 60min
30g Chinook home grown 30min
50g Chinook home grown 20min
50g Chinook home grown @ Flame out
77g Cascade home grown @ flame out
60g Cascade home grown Dry hop in 1st 18lt keg
60g Galaxy flowers dry hop in 2nd 18lt keg
W-34/70 at 10c up to 15c to end it pressure fermented and naturally carbonated. On tap in 3 weeks but betterer after 6 weeks onwards etc.

Aussie pale ale. Unashamedly hazy as hell with lots of PoR, Cascade and Galaxy.

Double dry hopped (once fermenting, the other after transferring and cold crashing). Kegged with a hop tea using maybe 60 - 80g of cascade, Galaxy, and err, something else.

Could probably get away with calling it an IPA.... but at only 4.5%, it's going down super.

1477898912722.jpg

don't be shy, haze is the craze fellas

I have named this next beer OMFG...apols to Grumpy Paul and the ocsober crew - I failed and will repent in some shape or form for the cause next year

Had a fossick through the pantry today and found whiteferrets oaty stout <edit - from 2015 xmas in July case swap @ MartinOC's>

OMFG

This feels like 8%? It's a little smoky, a bit wood-aged oaky, roasty, with a bit of a hard liquor hit that gets a firm "I think we'll wait here" from a solid malt backbone which balances it out. **** this is the sort of beer that can stand the test of time. I would love to hear your thoughts on a RIS.

Wayne, if the gold watch on the chain comes out when I'm chatting with you at this years Vic case swap - fear not I will only wave it until I have the recipe, don't resist and everything'll be OK

Birthday special, Cantillon Rose De Gambrinus. Wow, this is amazing. Brett and raspberry on the nose, a wonderful deep red colour. Strongly acidic on the tongue, all sorts of flavours I can't describe. Dregs just went into a pre prepared starter wort which will sit in my wine fridge until I'm ready to pitch into my upcoming golden sour.

No photo. Should have pre organised Droid to pop round to take the pic for me.

Edit - dammit wrong thread. Oh well it's somewhat related as the dregs will appear in this thread sometime in the future...

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1477998132.573150.jpg
Totes amazeballs, Wayne.
Excellent excellent job on this one.
Seems simple, but truly yummy. And a perfect fit for my glass!
Yet another of your beers I'll have to get the recipe for. (I'll try to get a review up in the swap thread ASAP).

<more sips> Oooh whoaa. So damn good.

Not a particularly stouty stout (ie: bit lower on the roastiness) but just a fantastic beer.

My Flanders Red, brewed early March 2015. First pour today, it's been a long wait but worth it. Very nice if I say so myself. Sourness well and truly there of course but perfectly balanced. I've brewed a few sour's now but this one really hits the mark, and it was my first as well.

DSCF7349.JPG

^I asked my little fella what he thought of this pic, he said it would be better if the brewer was in the pic - so watch out for the I love me who do you love beer pics from now on haha

^cheers grott - probably 10 weeks since brew day, normally they dont take that long but this one did

Back