Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curly79 said:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1478756085.350517.jpg
Mofox's Rye IPA. Very nice, got a few floaties out of the first couple of glasses but should settle out soon. Nice and sticky. Plenty of Rye, Amarillo Chinook Citra and Simcoe. Yum. Great recipe Mofox
Glad it came out as intended!

On a bum note, the second cube of mine was indented for the swap... Despite CC'ing at zero for a week, it's like yeast soup (only been in the keg four days tho). Probably got too carried away with the keg hop tea as well. Bitter and yeast bitey.

Oh well, kegging a pale now, and pitching a Belgian PA/IPA tonight... These are the backup beers if the rye doesn't pull thru. :(

mofox1 said:
Glad it came out as intended!

On a bum note, the second cube of mine was indented for the swap... Despite CC'ing at zero for a week, it's like yeast soup (only been in the keg four days tho). Probably got too carried away with the keg hop tea as well. Bitter and yeast bitey.

Oh well, kegging a pale now, and pitching a Belgian PA/IPA tonight... These are the backup beers if the rye doesn't pull thru. :(
Boooooooo!!! I was hoping to get your rye in the swap.

Fingers crossed it pulled through.

But just in case what's your recipe, I'm keen to try :). Or point me in the right direction and I'll go searching myself. I know of one, not sure if that's the one or not.

20161106_112713.jpg

Coopers Sparkling Ale, appreciate not an all grain brew but it is delicious.

looks good grott :beer:

did some mowing too

fruit salad brew (photobucket account seems to have gone a bit dodgy)

DSC_0625.JPG

Cheers droid, "fruit salad" brew? No ice cream? Joke aside looks a nice drop. English bitters had been going done well and blood tea had to come a long and spoil it all, oh well tomorrow's another day.

Looks like droid and I are drinking the same beer/drinking together. This is my MO/Amarillo smash. All late hops - 20min, 5min, whirlpool and dry hops. 4.8% ABV. An easy sipper!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1478932747.767271.jpg

My sour cherry funk beer. Been sitting in the keg untouched for about 9 months now. Didn't want to drink anymore other than the bottle I sent to state comp until I was ready to pitch the dregs of the keg into my next sour. The dregs will go in with the dregs of a Cantillon De Gambrinus which appears to have gone ropey so a good sign!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1479017099.686621.jpg

NZ Beer turned out okay - little bit cloudy but I don't mind it like that.

Gladfield (Ale Malt 100%), Riwaka and Wakitu. Tastes okay at 4 weeks (couldn't resist tapping the keg).

wp_ss_20161115_0001.png

Simple ale. A simple ale, nice and tasty. Moving away from complex and sweet/crystal ales. Mashing lower. Need to work out some lager space. It's pretty clear but not flawless, damn my photo skills and condensation

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1479460979.525003.jpg

Easy Ale

4.2% @ 28ibu

Columbus @ Fwh = 13ibu
Simcoe and Amarillo @ WP = 15ibu
Simcoe and Amarillo dry hopped heavy 6g/L

BRY 97 West Coast Yeast

WP_20161118_16_56_48_Pro.jpg

Originally wanted a Mild but added too many hops so now its an ESB. Dry hopped it with EKG.

Being a 3% beer the ferment itself was done and cleared in two days so pretty fast turn around beer. Still haven't kegged it yet as it's cold crashing but it tastes great. Probably keg it tomorrow.

1479513638359.jpg

Latest posts

Back