Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hoppy lager?

pils malt
carapils malt
decoction
magnum and saaz
first time using w34/70 and 14degC ferment ~ normally wyeast 2278 and 9degC
ordering 2278 next week, not a fan of the edgy'ness I'm picking up, bit harsh... tried and tested recipe...could be something else i spose
this 15ltrs worth was keg hopped this morning with 40gms of waimea
pulling the Mother-in-laws stocking out tomorrow, the dry-hop just makes it taste like a sharp APA of sorts - better than it was tho

the other keg will get some Nelson Sauvin, might be alright

Just kegged my first RIS and couldn't resist carbing up a pet bottle. 1.115 down to 1.030.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1475220249.984642.jpg

droid said:
tried the M function - took a bazillion photos, hmmn

anyway dammit 1 keg down 1 to go - Pils malt APA as in other pic but 1 and a bit (.25) grams to the liter of both Sticklebract and Mosaic so 48gms in a 19ltr keg

dry-hopped today, I'll say it's hop haze because I'm a proud man, hehe. It's def a punchy APA
Would like to see some pics of your rig sometime. Only ever see it blurred in the background!

On the left, all-EKG EIPA at about 40-ish IBU's and a solid keg hop of Chinook. Damn, I wish I had 50L of this, so I could watch it grow up.

On the right, a 15.6%-ish cyser, which has been at 0C for 4 months, and only getting better. By a year it will be Oh So Ready. I'm on my third glass of the EIPA. 250ml of 15%. You can't really have a whole lot more of that.
Drikies.JPG

Bitchy attempt to out bokeh droid and his stainless steel wonderland still lifes.

Pretty generically malty APA but hopped and dry hopped with Azucca, which I've never used before. Should have gone IPA and ramped up the backbone. Plenty of grapefruit / citrus deliciousness. Almost Galaxy like.
Likely put a big dent in this keg tonight.

DSC_8222_zpswsir1me3.jpg

Dave70 said:
Bitchy attempt to out bokeh droid and his stainless steel wonderland still lifes.

Pretty generically malty APA but hopped and dry hopped with Azucca, which I've never used before. Should have gone IPA and ramped up the backbone. Plenty of grapefruit / citrus deliciousness. Almost Galaxy like.
Likely put a big dent in this keg tonight.

DSC_8222_zpswsir1me3.jpg
Great pic!!gotta try that hop

droid said:
hoppy lager?

pils malt
carapils malt
decoction
magnum and saaz
first time using w34/70 and 14degC ferment ~ normally wyeast 2278 and 9degC
ordering 2278 next week, not a fan of the edgy'ness I'm picking up, bit harsh... tried and tested recipe...could be something else i spose
this 15ltrs worth was keg hopped this morning with 40gms of waimea
pulling the Mother-in-laws stocking out tomorrow, the dry-hop just makes it taste like a sharp APA of sorts - better than it was tho

the other keg will get some Nelson Sauvin, might be alright
looks amazing mate nonetheless. i also got that from 34/70 but fermented at 11c. i'm not a fan of it. it does clear out and mellow and becomes lovely, but takes a long time for mine.

warra48 said:
You might want to crop that pic and get rid of the C-U-B reference on the keg.
Of course that pic was taken outside the local hotel with the beer resting on one of the pubs many kegs. But you're right.
The beer was actually becoming more bland and forgettable every second it sat near the CUB emblem.

Latest version of my American Amber\red

Summit and cascade in the cube, nice and dry but still malty. Love it!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1476429545.973845.jpg

Shithouse photo but enjoying a Bo pils, or I was when this was taken about an hour ago anyway.. in a Wayne's World glass my girlfriend got me for my birthday. I don't often get home from work early enough on a Friday (or any other day for that matter) to enjoy a beer as the sun goes down.. love it! Hops in the background there too.

14570374_10211251876681298_4227317946713089157_n.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1476502893.855762.jpg

Altbier, not sure if this sits as North German or Düsseldorf after going back over my Vicbrew score sheet notes. I'll call it a half way style.

Washing down the aroma of Spalt in my garage while I brew a true Düsseldorf Alt.

Bringin back the Alt!!!

Credit to manticle for introducing my inadvertently to the style.

Back