Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made an APA to try out Moutere (aka Brooklyn) hops.
Theyre 17% AA. I spread them as 28IBU as bittering 10IBU at 10 mins and 0.6g/L dry hop.
Its only been in the keg one hour, hence the clarity, but Moutere is actually really good on its own. Simple grain bill - Pale malts, wheat, touch of crystal and acid.
Moutere to me is like a smoother version of chinook. Less harsh, more of a smooth grapefruit than chinook.
So many hops to try, not that much difference for me....
image1 (18).JPG

Gose

Amazing how the wheat shines through and balances the beer - really looking forward to having this on tap at Christmas and into the hotter months

I'll shoot you a PM and if anyone is particularly interested please PM me

droid said:
Gose

Amazing how the wheat shines through and balances the beer - really looking forward to having this on tap at Christmas and into the hotter months

Droid, your photos are always so beautiful!

Also love the can glass.

the other gose - this is a sourkraut gose

not quite as lively in color as the other one but refreshing none-the-less

48% pils
48% wheat
4% acidulated

Rocker1986 said:
**** you know how to take bloody good pics of beers... I wish I could get mine looking that good!
Thanks Rocker, I have a Nikon D40 and use the p function, it doesn't use the flash and instead uses available light and alters aperture and shutter speed to suit. I think the lense makes a difference but geez some phones these days are amazing! I had a quick pix type camera before and would always use the 'available light' function

things I try to do:
Walk around with a glass and try a few spots, doesn't have to have beer in it to see that it would be a good spot
Get something decent in the background
Use a portrait function or something to blur the backgrouind since you want the beer front and center ~ most of the time
Take a pic side on to the light, so the light should be shining either through the beer from the left or right side if poss
When the sun is low in the sky is best for alot of photos so that's important for beer too, sometimes I use a torch if it's dark or dull

If I was to remember one thing it would be to find a good source of light from the side

...and take heaps of pics...

one I tried last night when I took that previous pic

mckenry said:
I made an APA to try out Moutere (aka Brooklyn) hops.
Theyre 17% AA. I spread them as 28IBU as bittering 10IBU at 10 mins and 0.6g/L dry hop.
Its only been in the keg one hour, hence the clarity, but Moutere is actually really good on its own. Simple grain bill - Pale malts, wheat, touch of crystal and acid.
Moutere to me is like a smoother version of chinook. Less harsh, more of a smooth grapefruit than chinook.
So many hops to try, not that much difference for me....
attachicon.gif
image1 (18).JPG
looks bloody awesome and yet it seems dark for only a touch of crystal?

fletcher said:
looks bloody awesome and yet it seems dark for only a touch of crystal?
2.4% dark crystal. Its not as dark as the photo shows. Combo of late afternoon and iphone camera.
I'll take a better on another day.

Cracked open my latest Stout just 5 minutes ago .. starting to get the hang of it at last.

Stout 3.jpg
Stout 3.jpg

Attachments

• Stout 2.jpg
    Stout 2.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 47
gap said:
Aren't men allowed to drink wine as well as beer???
I'm suprised there isn't more crossover between beer and wine.

Sure you're not going to expect a mainstream lager drinker to venture anywhere. In the craft beer realm however, particularly with popularity of sours, wine is a very similar drink.

Then again. Back to my mainstream lager comment, there is a shedload of bulk wine crowding the craft producers.

I love red wine, I've even got a few photos somewhere in this thread of me indulging. It's a great drink, you either love it or you hate it. I have a love hate relationship with it but. I love drinking it, but I hate waking up the next day after drinking it. Lol. Anyways I been hooking into my American wheat/rye beer. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1474186229.345703.jpg

mckenry said:
2.4% dark crystal. Its not as dark as the photo shows. Combo of late afternoon and iphone camera.
I'll take a better on another day.
no need mate. she's a thing of beauty from that pic!

and agreed, red wine is the balls. a lovely bitey shiraz, or a smoother cab sav and i can drink bottles of the stuff.

Latest posts

Back