Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 5kg BB wheat with 200g carawheat mashed at 64.4C. Neutral bittering hop at 60min to 21IBU. Wyeast French Saison yeast. Racked onto a large jar of Morello Cherries including the syrup. Drains fine in BIAB but have fun if you're 3V with all that wheat.

Curly79's Chocolate Rum Oatmeal Stout. Part of my Christmas in July lotto winnings.

C79.JPG

Shetland Pony's Cock IPA.

IMG_20160809_213923.jpg

92% pilsner malt, 8% munich, boiled for 90 minutes with Columbus for bittering at 60, Simcoe and Mosaic at 20 and 0 respectively. US-05. Dry hopped for 5 days with Mosaic, cold crashed at 3 days into the dry hopping for a couple of days until I kegged it over the weekend. It's still early and is under-carbed but effin' tasty. Could possibly be my house IPA. It has a really good mouth-feel. I mashed at 66c and mash out at 76c for 15 minutes. I think I prefer it to my John Wayne's Saddlebags DIPA which I won gold at the ESB comp a couple of months back. It's a bit cleaner although hop aroma possibly isn't quite as prominent. I'll have to have another glass of it to check.

welly2 said:
Shetland Pony's Cock IPA.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160809_213923.jpg

92% pilsner malt, 8% munich, boiled for 90 minutes with Columbus for bittering at 60, Simcoe and Mosaic at 20 and 0 respectively. US-05. Dry hopped for 5 days with Mosaic, cold crashed at 3 days into the dry hopping for a couple of days until I kegged it over the weekend. It's still early and is under-carbed but effin' tasty. Could possibly be my house IPA. It has a really good mouth-feel. I mashed at 66c and mash out at 76c for 15 minutes. I think I prefer it to my John Wayne's Saddlebags DIPA which I won gold at the ESB comp a couple of months back. It's a bit cleaner although hop aroma possibly isn't quite as prominent. I'll have to have another glass of it to check.
So you're saying your Shetland Pony's Cock has really good mouth-feel? :unsure:

Edit: I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, nearly fell off my chair laughing. I know, I'm a child.

Doing some quality control on a red ale I brewed with a mate as one of the beers we have lined up to serve at his cousins wedding. A little bit less malty than my previous version but really enjoyable regardless. Might dry hop the next batch to bring out some English hops

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1470812383.400953.jpg

Pretty happy with the colour and clarity

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1470812515.663877.jpg

hophead2's Imperial Rum Vanilla Coffee Porter. Another one of my lotto winnings.

Good for what ails you on a cold night at the computer.

HH2 Porter.JPG

My lovely red ale, one of my favourite recipes to brew. Always on regular rotation. Beautiful toffee and caramel flavours from the Caraaroma malt, with a hint of some citrus from the American Centennial and Cascade hops used. It's hard to leave the keg alone! :lol: :chug:

IMG_0985.JPG

Red ale for those interested. 25 litre batch size, no chilled.

4kg Maris Otter Pale Malt
300g Caraaroma
200g Carapils
70g Black Patent
Mashed for 90 mins @ 66C.

20.00 g Cascade - First Wort 75.0 min
9.00 g Magnum - Boil 60.0 min*
20.00 g Centennial - Boil 20.0 min
30g Cascade dry-hopped

1469 yeast fermented 18/19C.

*This amount changes depending on AA% of all hops in the recipe; the others always stay the same. I usually brew it to 36-38 IBUs.

I have this down as %
Marris Otter @ 62.5
Wheat @ 25
Torrified Wheat @ 12.5

...but I thought it was Pils rather than MO since everything has had pils malt in it lately. When I looked for it tonight and saw MO ... well mmn not sure about that.

After a batch of heavy Lagers ~ which really knocked my dick into the dirt, I vowed to get a beer on that was lighter in every way. This one was mashed at 64 for 90 minutes. But the notes also mention a decoction. I'm pretty sure I brewed this beer but don't recall that either....

Magnum for 16ibu from 60min
Nelson Sauvin @ 30min for 10ibu

could have used either or, taken the magnum out and put 15ibu's of NS or just take out the NS, it tsates a bit unbalanced on the bitter side, NS is sharp but intriguing imo

US05 @ 17 C pitch which rose to 20

haha droid so basically, all you know about that picturesque beauty is well...she's a beer :D

Puppy Dog Eyes Porter

Pale Ale malt with equal amounts of chocolate malt and oats with a bit of medium crystal and a dash of roasted barley. EKG as the bittering hops as well as some northern brewer as aroma hops. Quite a nice smooth beer.

1471933175345.jpg

Back