Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mofox1 said:
Pretty damn sexy innit! :D

That was the ESB I brought up to Shep, don't know if you had it, or remember having it, LOL!
Yep had a few of them actually. Very tasty.

Don't know how to post photos but I had a couple of Mornington pales tonight, completely underwhelmed, wasn't impressed at all!

Still can't work out if the picture uploaded but here it is again.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469175911.128519.jpg

Lethaldog said:
Don't know how to post photos but I had a couple of Mornington pales tonight, completely underwhelmed, wasn't impressed at all!
Each to their own I guess but as they put them in cans that's what I take camping when I can't take my own. Better than that other mega swill shit

Lethaldog said:
this is the home brew thread please use the commercial glass thread.

sponge said:
A summer ale to celebrate the completion of work before heading overseas for a few years.

Going down even better than usual.
The Summer Ale looks good. Best wishes on your overseas journey.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Sorry, where is this recipe?
From another thread:

mofox1 said:
No problemo, glad you liked it. Simple recipe... based on Brewing Classic Style, although I don't have it on hand right now to check if I deviated much..

OG: 1.048, FG: 1.016, 40 IBU
93% TFFM Pearl, 3.5% CaraBo, 2% CaraAroma & 1.5% Black

Mashed in at 55°C. Ramp immediately to 68°C for 60min, no mash out (fly sparged - boil kettle gets turned on as soon as the wort covers the element).

60 min addition of Challenger (25 IBU) and EKG (6 IBU)
0 min addition of Challenger (3 IBU) and EKG (6 IBU)

WLP005 @ 18.5°C - half a yeast cake (washed) from an ESB kegged the previous day, "refreshed" on the stir plate for a couple of hours before pitch (necessary for WLP005 because it is just so damn flocculant).

This one made it from pitch to keg in 7 days... the big pitch brought to one point above terminal in 48hrs and was at FG by the next day.
Just checked out Jamil's recipe... I certainly have "evolved" it over the multiple iterations I've done. Style wise, mine looks like it is somewhere between a SB and a ESB. OG is between the two but the bitterness is more like an ESB... Crystal amount is more like a SB.

I called my first ESB the "Inglorious *******", this one is clearly just "The *******". :lol: :beerbang:

Can attest that mofox's ESB was a good drop. It was a mediator amongst barley wines, RISs and chocolate ports.

TheWiggman said:
Can attest that mofox's ESB was a good drop. It was a mediator amongst barley wines, RISs and chocolate ports.
All praise to the mediator who falls at the feet of an unachievable task. Barley Wine, RIS and Port sounds like a peak worth climbing.

Thanks mofox1, I'll start my ESB line with this - first brew in August.

Nullnvoid said:
Each to their own I guess but as they put them in cans that's what I take camping when I can't take my own. Better than that other mega swill shit
are you sure we are talking bout the same beer, I've never seen Mornington Peninsula Brewery beer in a can but I could be wron!

Lethaldog said:
are you sure we are talking bout the same beer, I've never seen Mornington Peninsula Brewery beer in a can but I could be wron!
Definitely available in cans

Back