Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stone & Wood Pacific Ale clone, served direct from the pressurised fermenting keg.

Will probably transfer to serving keg tomorrow.

IMG_20171001_150641-2304x1728.jpg

Heres my Wit a few weeks back. Its cleared a bit since but the orange zest flavour seems to have come out a bit more. Ill use a bit more next time though.
20170921_152829.jpg

Ah public holidays!

Just poured a schooner of Irish red.

IMG_20171002_142256404.jpg

Smackpack swollen, starter wort boiling on the stove and an American brown boiling downstairs in the urn.

Brewman's pacific ale clone, I forgot to dry hop it. But it's still a great beer. The missus loves it, so that's a bit of a shame.
Having a baked dinner tonight [emoji106]View attachment 108670View attachment 108671

Looks good. Interested in your besser block setup there. Is the end and middle cut out of the middle block so that you can keep feeding the fire in there?

Brewman's pacific ale clone, I forgot to dry hop it. But it's still a great beer. The missus loves it, so that's a bit of a shame.
Having a baked dinner tonight [emoji106]View attachment 108670View attachment 108671
Love the cooker, that's awesome Kingy! Can you tell us more about it?

On the beer, I made it for my girlfriend. That recipe is the result of me drinking it with her and tweaking it. Started off with her drinking Pacific Ale when we were out at bars.

I love that recipe, great summer beer, and even without the dry hop I reckon there would be a fair whack of Galaxy aroma.

Yea it's pretty simple I just cut the end off a block to feed the wood through. And got the stand to hold the camp oven off the block for airflow from an old gas burner. See pictures. Works bloody good. Doesn't use much wood.
I just throw everything in there at the start and sit the broccoli in there the last half hour
Good to sit around feeding it while having a few beers and listening to some tunes.
IMG_1083.jpg
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

Yea it's pretty simple I just cut the end off a block to feed the wood through. And got the stand to hold the camp oven off the block for airflow from an old gas burner. See pictures. Works bloody good. Doesn't use much wood.
I just throw everything in there at the start and sit the broccoli in there the last half hour
Good to sit around feeding it while having a few beers and listening to some tunes. View attachment 108679View attachment 108680View attachment 108681
View attachment 108682

Simple set up, great job. (Excuse my possible ignorance’s but I thought cement blocks could “blow up” with fire?)

I've got my eye on that beer next to the barbie it looks inviting

My first beer/All grain beer :D

Golden ale, nice although the hrad retention isn't sensational and the aftertaste isn't awesome. Only bottled it a couple of weeks ago so hoping it'll only get better.

IMG_7946.jpg

Hop cartels orange peel infused dark. Slight tan head. Good small bubbles. Cant smell the orange but can taste it with subtle Coffee. Great beer

Latest posts

Back