Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Ale with all homegrown Chinook. No idea of IBU, older hops used and certainly on the sweeter side but still quiet balanced. Today was a get shit done kind of day. Hop trellis went in, champagne bottles were cleaned, built the jockey box for future events and now enjoying a few hard earns.

Wednesday I'll be kegging a harvest batch with 2017 harvest hops. Looking forward to it.

Hefeweizen I made recently, solid aroma of bananas. Taste is not too bad but I'm not sure if it's turned out good or not as I've only ever had two wheat beers before in my life.

Same as my last beer my head retention has been a bit lacking.

Forgot the pic
20171016_201134.jpg

I'll see your stout and raise you a RIS. A case swap brewed Belgian RIS to be precise.
IMG_5040.jpg

Very tasty. Obviously needs a month or 6, but already reasonably smooth. Prominent roasty smokiness with a mild caramel element. Thick full mouthfeel for something the finished so low (1.006).
Tasty, in spite of the Belgian element being a wild "infection".

IMG_2640.jpg

New world pils. Bestmalz Pilsner, carapils, acid malt, Motueka hop flowers and w34/70.
Been in the keg a couple of months and is sipping nicely while sitting in the sun after a busy day of mountain biking and gardening.

Rainy day and an IPA.
Tanks are full and overflowing.
Dam is full and overflowing
Spring is running hard.

Only country brewers know how good this is.(Oh the beers drinking well too!)
1.JPG

Summer Saison
or Farmhouse Ale if you prefer.

This time using Enigma finishing hops, really nice.

1.JPG

Beer.jpg

Little Fellas Pale Ale.. Little Creatures clone. Tried it side by side tonight and mines quite a bit lighter and more hops on the nose. Also mines a little thinner than the original but I let the mash drop a bit low so I can fix that. I just need to up the carb rate a bit and it'll be dam close.

Last edited:
This is a ******* golden sour. I, at any one time have about 15 demijohns of various concoctions of brett and mixed ferment beers doing their thing.
This is a blend of three; A barrel aged saison, an aged berliner weisse, with a lactobacillus pre-sour, fermented with wyeast 3191. And a half full cube of saison wort that I threw a random selection of bottle dreg cultures and some leftover house blend at, because I didn't know what else to do with it.
Anyway, the beer is very funk forward, verging on farty on the nose. But crisp and refreshingly light/acidic on the palate. The light barrel character adds complexity, yet the beer isn't tannic or astringent.
I wouldn't say it's a well crafted sour, because I know it isn't. But for what it is, it's very quaffable, and easily stands up to any commercial versions of happy accidents out there.
IMG_0128.JPG

Latest posts

Back