Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robust porter recipe from brewing classic styles.
Subbed the 1056 for WY1968. Been in the bottle for 8 weeks, hitting the sweet spot. Great beer.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1462632083.279801.jpg

This is the same kolsch I posted a few days ago. Cleared up well. Only a few weeks in the keg. Tastes fantastic.

1462776920464.jpg

GrumpyPaul said:
Brewed these for a mates wedding this weekend.

The bridal party is ready.

Introducing...

Wookie Wed Wye IPA
Bridalweizen

And... The Dirty Mongrel Groomsman.
A bit of a re-post from above.

But here's some pics of how my beers presented at the recent wedding.

FB_IMG_1462833360349.jpg

My son did the Beer Menu artwork.

IMG_1829_1.jpg

And my shitty photo (again) of the beers themselve that does not do the colours of the beers justice.

IMAG1671.jpg

All three kegs cam home empty!!

^nice!

Life on Märzen #2

malty sweetness up front and a drying finish and 6% been using mt hood for the 20minute addition and gonna up it a bit next time - tweaking is enjoyable!

My rule is if I'm doing work past 1am on a week night I'm allowed a beer. So beer it is!

This is my Hefe with the 3068 yeast with cubed hallertau blanc for all bittering (13ibu-ish) to see how the flavour paired - good combo as I thought.

Thought this keg would of blown by now as when I picked it up whilst transferring to the new keg fridge felt like there was nothing left.. Seems it's another keg that keeps on giving

1462892889220.jpg

I've found that with kegs too. Feels like there's hardly anything in them and then you get another 10 beers out of them. :lol:

czech premium lager, gladfield lager light malt @ 100%
triple decoction - producing a nice up front grain flavour but a light colour
looking forward to replicating this recipe with Bo Pils and Premium pils this year
2278 yeast
Magnum and saaz

Red IPA

Very please with this guy. Scored well in a recent comp too. A definite rebrew

IMAG2484.jpg

Freshly carbed cider. Generally I make ciders with apple juice from aldi but homebrew shop bloke recommended I try out the mangrove jack soft kit. This is actually quite nice, tastes like apple lollies.

Not a traditional cider but tastes good and I'm sure my cider drinking friends will like it. Pitched it last Sunday and kegged it tonight and should drop clear with a bit of gelatine in a day or two. Easy as cider

1463306672383.jpg

Continuing the list of beer updates, pretty happy with this APA that I kegged just under a week ago. A real american one with simcoe, centennial, columbus and Amarillo (all cube hops or dry hopped). Normally my APAs are 40-45 IBU but I slightly upped it to 50 for the hell of it which I reckon produces a better finish to the beer. May be a bit bitter for some of the guests but I like it. It has a great smell to it; a fair bit of floral and piney smells going on

Finally kegged all 7 of the beers (and cider) so will have to do a complete tasting (aldi paddles) on Friday night before I transport them up the coast on Saturday

1463491373390.jpg

Finally have all the birthday beers together, giving them a final taste test before transporting them to the parents house tomorrow for next weekend. In order they are
APA (Chinook, Columbus, Amarillo, and Centennial) - 5.1%
Hefeweizen -5.2%
English Mild - 3.4%
Apple Cider -4.8%
Raspberry Wheat Beer - 7.6% (approx?)
Irish Red Ale - 6.2%
Mocha Stout - 8.2%

My top four (in no order) are the mocha stout, the APA, the red ale and the mild.

The raspberry beer is great but not something I would drink a lot as it's intense raspberries - I accidentally froze it so concentrated it a bit...

The cider is good but not much of a cider bloke and the hefe is probably the worst hefe I've made unfortunately. It's alright but no where near normal one which is a shame as its one of my favourite beers to brew. The yeast was a bit weird and stalled for two days which is really weird for 3638 as it's normally fermented out in two days max, kegged in five.

Overall though, really happy with them and looking forward to sharing them with the friends and family.

Sidenote: I found that it's a tremendous effort to brew every week for 7 weeks with the associated kegging, cleaning, testing, checking, pitching etc. While it's been hell with work and large amount of uni work, it has been a great learning experience and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

1463731223538.jpg

hwall95 said:
Finally have all the birthday beers together, giving them a final taste test before transporting them to the parents house tomorrow for next weekend. In order they are
APA (Chinook, Columbus, Amarillo, and Centennial) - 5.1%
Hefeweizen -5.2%
English Mild - 3.4%
Apple Cider -4.8%
Raspberry Wheat Beer - 7.6% (approx?)
Irish Red Ale - 6.2%
Mocha Stout - 8.2%

My top four (in no order) are the mocha stout, the APA, the red ale and the mild.

The raspberry beer is great but not something I would drink a lot as it's intense raspberries - I accidentally froze it so concentrated it a bit...

The cider is good but not much of a cider bloke and the hefe is probably the worst hefe I've made unfortunately. It's alright but no where near normal one which is a shame as its one of my favourite beers to brew. The yeast was a bit weird and stalled for two days which is really weird for 3638 as it's normally fermented out in two days max, kegged in five.

Overall though, really happy with them and looking forward to sharing them with the friends and family.

Sidenote: I found that it's a tremendous effort to brew every week for 7 weeks with the associated kegging, cleaning, testing, checking, pitching etc. While it's been hell with work and large amount of uni work, it has been a great learning experience and have thoroughly enjoyed it.Mate a herculean
Mate a herculean effort I struggle to keep a constant flow

My ESB 6.0%. The Weasel's Mittens (credit to Heath Franklin "Chopper"). Lots of toffee flavours from two types of Crystal.

ESB.JPG

"Red" Rye IPA.
View attachment 88723

Almost the red I was after, but not quite. It's more of a brown red than a red red. Colour came solely from Gladfields Shepherds Delight, might go a bit easier on it and hit it with a touch of black next time.

Anyway. Damn, what a beer... 25% rye & 15% vienna, 6.3% abv, 60+ IBU, late Chinook, Galaxy and Simcoe. Cube hopped with Galaxy and Citra. Double dry hopped with Chinook, Citra and Galaxy. For all the dry hopping it's not too massive on the nose but it packs a flavor punch. Bitterness isn't up front, kinda just creeps up on you drink it.

Good thing there is two kegs of it. Hard decision is whether to bottle this as the vic swap beer, or to go for the ******* stout (Americanised "English") or the as yet unfermented English IPA. Choices abound....

Followed by Bathurst Brunch. My take on Bogan's Breakfast by Behemoth Brewing.

Coffee Bourbon Milk Stout 5.2%

Bathurst Brunch.JPG

mofox1 said:
"Red" Rye IPA.
1463742697232.jpg

Almost the red I was after, but not quite. It's more of a brown red than a red red. Colour came solely from Gladfields Shepherds Delight, might go a bit easier on it and hit it with a touch of black next time.

Anyway. Damn, what a beer... 25% rye & 15% vienna, 6.3% abv, 60+ IBU, late Chinook, Galaxy and Simcoe. Cube hopped with Galaxy and Citra. Double dry hopped with Chinook, Citra and Galaxy. For all the dry hopping it's not too massive on the nose but it packs a flavor punch. Bitterness isn't up front, kinda just creeps up on you drink it.

Good thing there is two kegs of it. Hard decision is whether to bottle this as the vic swap beer, or to go for the ******* stout (Americanised "English") or the as yet unfermented English IPA. Choices abound....
No photo?

Back