Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sponge said:
US wheat. 50/50 wheat/pils late hopped with cascade and citra and fermented with 1469.

3 days in the keg and already gloriously clear. The picture doesn't do it justice unfortunately.

This keg will not last long.. real quaffable.

#nofilter #nogelatine
Yea that picture is pretty disappointing. I was hoping it was just not showing too well on my phone but also looks pretty hazy on the computer.

The bottom half of the glass can show its clarity a little better than the top half though. The colour is a real light straw colour as well, as opposed to the more golden shown in the photo.

Really is a delicious beer though and one I'll be making a bit of over summer. The mrs absolutely loves the aroma of this beer as well, as she does with all my beers with citra late in the boil. Pretty sure she'll be leaving me for a big of citra in the not-too-distant future..

Last of the Summer Lagers.

last lager.jpg

Now for the first of the Winter Lagers. :lol:

Porter, straight off the garage shelf, no need to put in the fridge tonight :).

Got a little peat malt in this one, very happy with it. May have another.

image.jpg

Sounds good. What % peat malt, mate.

I'm thinking of an ESB next with a portion of home smoked malt.

I'll probably smoke a bit of the Marris Otter base with apple wood. I know it'll probably turn out a bit stronger than commercial examples and I only want a subtle hint to (hopefully) work nicely with the medium and dark crystals.

Cheers.

ROKO's American Pale Ale Rev 2.0
Maris Otter, Light Munich, C80
Citra, Chinook & Cascade
WY American Ale II

44IBU
5.0%
FG: 1.012

Hopstand & dryhops really make the hops shine, likely one of my best to date.

Note:- This photo is unaltered, as is, straight off my camera.

14473428386_c55607fd20_k.jpg

Hot Scotchie
First runnings of a bitter (1.080) at mash out temps with a nip of Glenlivet 12. Certainly is a winter warmer.

Danwood said:
Sounds good. What % peat malt, mate.
I'm thinking of an ESB next with a portion of home smoked malt.
I'll probably smoke a bit of the Marris Otter base with apple wood. I know it'll probably turn out a bit stronger than commercial examples and I only want a subtle hint to (hopefully) work nicely with the medium and dark crystals.
Cheers.
4% mate, worked quite well. I really like it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403675652.727839.jpg esb that I put aside in the keg at Xmas as it was way to bitter and sweet. 6months later it's turned into liquid gold and I reckon there's only about 5 or 6 glasses left.
To scared to feel the keg as I don't want to disturb it lol. It's sat quietly for so long.

Oktoberfest, liquid lunch, i was kiddin myself thinking some of this would last until october.

IMG_20140626_125425.jpg

My best pale yet - Amarillo and chinook pale ale: a hopper version lil creatures. Photo's colour is bad but it's a mid way point between straw and amber colour

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403877894.430152.jpg

Edit: Thought I'd add, I was out for dinner and beer with friends, and had Burrow's DIPA and Little Breaking Triple and still I found this really nice.

Just about to blow the Keg on my Electric IPA - Warrior, Amarillo/Centennial & Citra/Crystal Dry Hop

6.3% 62ibu

WP_20140629_008.jpg

A better picture of my American pale ale, Pride of ringwood and Cascade delicious grapefruit flavour.

IMG_20140629_154602.jpg

Recently I kegged an American Amber Ale and after carbonation I tried the beer and it was as expected very cloudy. I used to cold crash in a secondary container for about 2-3wks but these days just keg and pour and the freshness is great but the clarity is poor for various reasons.

So I tried Gelatine! After proofing it with 20c water and raising the temp to 67c in the microwave I purged the keg, added gelatine. Added o2 and purged oxygen, shook keg and set at serving pressure......6days later the beer is crystal clear( the first glass was full of cloudy muck which was discarded )

The photo doesnt really do it justice but the result is great. I think I will be adding gelatine to the keg prior to filling from the fermenter at packaging time.

The photos are 1.4mb each and wont fit onto the one post so I attached them to a word doc.

View attachment AAA with Gelatine.docx

Back