Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the pale ones...

paleheadedrosella.jpg

A couple from today. the first one is the Rye PA with 60 IBU of amarillo, centennial and cascade. The second is the Dr's TTL clone. This is my second attempt and second time around is much better for some reason. only been in the keg since Sunday.

Do your beers always have an aura around them ?

Super clear work there.

No pic, so it may not have happened.

Smoked ESB.

Roughly...maris otter and a smudge of light and dark crystals, torrified wheat and choc malt. 300g maris smoked over mead-soaked hickory chips.

All Challenger hops, cubed.

Wlp 007.

I wasn't sure if the smoke would come through, but it has...just.

The sweet smoke goes very well with the brown sugar dark crystal and marmaladey Challenger hops.

Bock. First of the bunch from my latest lager run whilst I take a break from those filthy ales.
Nice, not to roasty, and clean. Still could use some - 'lagering' - which I guess is the whole point.

DSC_0704_zps8e48b5e0.jpg

bak said:
The second is the Dr's TTL clone.
That TTL looks amazing. I only managed to bottle mine about a week ago, so I hope it looks (and tastes) as good as yours.
Cheers

Excuse the phone photo... Cascade/Mosaic APA. Took out the APAs at the ESB comp last week for a second place overall. Rather pleased with this one.
1405767041908.jpg

I don't know why I stuffed around with American styles for so long, my first Hef
20140720_161357.jpg

Huge banana, but off set with a slight taste of the styrian and a tad of clove.
just bloody yummy :icon_drool2:

MB

MastersBrewery said:
I don't know why I stuffed around with American styles for so long, my first Hef

Huge banana, but off set with a slight taste of the styrian and a tad of clove.
just bloody yummy :icon_drool2:

MB
Hey mate what yeast did you use ?
I would also like to know your mash & ferment temp if you don't mind sharing.
I haven't had any luck with my Heffe's so far, no bannana or clove :(

Black RyePA carbed low and served through a sparkler.

And a staffy in Roar colours.

A combination that makes even the worst Monday a good day.

Edit: Maybe this post should have been in the continuing happiness thread.

1405926945268.jpg

1405927036042.jpg

A brett, rum soaked oak chips and lambic dregs 8.5% porter.

3 months in the bottle taste test. Straight off the shelf room temp.

Aroma is fruity ( a little cherry ) and Bretty, in an orval way.

Flavour is mostly brett with a bit of dark malt. Not much in the way of rum, or oak :(. Maybe a touch of rum but probably in my head.

Clarity quite good too

Pretty happy with it, keen to try it at 6 months.

image.jpg

No pic but California Common, or at least, my interpretation, I've never tried a commercial version, recipe designed using the BJCP style descriptors.

It's a bloody nice beer, essentially a full bodied amber lager with a decent chunk of Biscuit, firm bitternes and that interesting herbal/woody/almost minty thing US Northern Brewer does.

Will be brewing again, will also need to buy a couple of bottles of Anchor Steam Beer just to see if I got even close with just the BJCP guidelines.

After all these years my first Kolcsh, really pleased with it. Wyeast 2575, I was supprized how quickly it cleared.

Batz

DSCF3785.JPG

Batz said:
After all these years my first Kolcsh, really pleased with it. Wyeast 2575, I was supprized how quickly it cleared.

Batz
Nice Batz, a Kolsch is hard to get right.

AndrewQLD said:
Nice Batz, a Kolsch is hard to get right.
Julie has taken a liking to them Andrew, so I brewed one for her, she's happy with it. -_-
Quite a simple recipe really.

Batz

GABBA110360 said:
just tasted this
bit of a mix of what I had
I don't think it's as bitter as IBU'S reckon but bloody allright
I think I stuffed up the post
was basicly a dsga recipe bittered with calypso with Amarillo and citra additions

Back