Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Either way, it's making me thirsty mje1980.
Cheers mate. It's no mild ale off a hand pump, but I can't just have one of these. 3 is the norm :)

mje1980 said:
Cheers mate. It's no mild ale off a hand pump, but I can't just have one of these. 3 is the norm :)
I've got a mild probably ready enough to bottle, my first M79 yeast trial.

My hand pump is a syringe - works a treat though.

Still waiting for tax return kegging to come.....

mje1980 said:
I went nuts with a dremel, did the bottom, but also did the bottom 1" all the way around. I reckon the bottom is all that's needed to score up.
hehe, I tried this but got a bit overzealous - now it's useless as a glass because the entire beer foams up during the pour and goes everywhere. :wacko:

20140509_200743.jpg

My Accidentally Low alcohol Accidentally IPA (Should have been a bog standard APA).

4%, 51IBU, pretty tasty, not a fruit-salad mix as per the plan, more a typical 'old school' IPA - bitter, aromatic, but not the aggressive late kettling that has been par for the course for my (and most current craft brewers') APA/AIPAs.

I'm not drinking this now, though (more's the pity).

Full Harvest American Pale.

100% homegrown Cascade and 100% of the harvest...around 350g.

120g at 10, 5 and 0 mins.
95% Pale malt
5% Light crystal.
90min boil.
Wy1272.

Very simple, very tasty !

20140513_184914.jpg

Looks the goods, could also be called " all your hops in one basket"

dent said:
Speaking of haze...

8HD_3016.JPG

JYO Belgian Blonde

This one, to my palate, sits somewhere between Wit and Wheat. I think it was the Ardennes yeast, from what I recall, which has done a great job. Easy drinking with the yeast character cheerfully at the forefront, which really puts the beer together. A great Belgian ale.
Extra mile gone to get a great pic.
Appreciated.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400131479.438765.jpg

Munich dunkel with a hit of smoked malt. Yes I'm in the bathroom. I thought id enjoy one while watching my young fella in the tub.

Pils that went on some Danish lager yeast. Pitched cold and slowly brought up ala Bribie g. Hazy at present though it's only just carbed :). Belgian malt ( dingemans ), French hops ( triskel ) and Danish yeast. 5.7%. Slight sulfur and a touch fruity, but not in a bad way. Firm bitterness and good body. Should smooth out in the keg. Might give it 2 weeks and test it again.

image.jpg

Back to the xxxx gold inspired lager. I'm a hard core ale fan but i do like this. This glass got the dremel but just a tiny bit. Think it's just right.

image.jpg

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
How did you get a RyeIPA so clear?!
This was bottle conditioned. Aged
for about 3 months poured of the sediment carefully.

During the brewing process, nothing out of the norm. Cold crash maybe?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Drinking my 600g rye + 2.0g/l chinook combo. Not bad. Biscuity to the face, followed by pine and grapefruit with a nice bitterness at the end. Less than 12 tallies of this left. Not bad at all given the extract was 3 years past its best before.

15 min simcoe american ale from beerandwinejournal.com, although with cascade added as well as simcoe at the 5 and flameout additions to get a nice fruity punch in there

Super easy and just bursts flavour

1400495781257.jpg

No pics but after drinking a pint of my mild from my keg, I snuck a taster of a small amount of the same batch naturally carbed out of a beer engine. God it's good, so damn smooth and flavoursome. Eleventy million times better through the engine. Tomorrow arvo after the school run I'll have to get rid of the rest so it doesn't go off. I'll try to take a pic.

Latest posts

Back