Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better Red Than Dead Irish Ale.

Beaut drop.

ira.jpg

Peter Wadey said:
How to insert am image, please?
Click on the "more reply option" bottom right of the reply to this topic box, you'll find the file attachment section at the bottom

Just finished the first bottle of a Düsseldorf Altbier bottled about 3 weeks ago.

Yummy, yummy, yummy....

Too late to do a piccy, but will post one tomorrow.

My last two beers have had a very slight burnt flavour. Just discovered why:

image.jpg

Spewin .(

Thanks Andrew.
Have not posted here for a while.
Some images from across the year so far.
Cheers,
Peter
201302_002_resized.jpg201302_007_resized.jpg
201303late_002_resized.jpg20130810_004_resized.jpg

So - what happens when a bombadier inspired recipe (MO, golden syrup, but with shitloads of EKG, challaneger and styrians), and an overly bitter brown ale full of awesome first gold and choc flavours are taking up kegs and neither on their own are remarkable?

A surprisingly delicious 50/50 black and tan...both kegs are now almost empty after sitting idle for some time due to apathy.

black and tan.jpg

Warstiener vs Warsteiner

ws v ws 1.JPG

ws v ws 4.JPG

From 150 clone brews.
clone on the left, real deal on the right.
Not far off. A little denser colour, probably from BIAB, its not quite clear and bright.
clone has distinct DMS nose, not really noticeable to the pallette. Taste is very close, daughter reckons mine is 'nicer'.
Looking forward to doing it in the mash tun when finished.

Results like this is what home brewing's all about.

yum beer said:
Warstiener vs Warsteiner

attachicon.gif
ws v ws 1.JPG

attachicon.gif
ws v ws 4.JPG

From 150 clone brews.
clone on the left, real deal on the right.
Not far off. A little denser colour, probably from BIAB, its not quite clear and bright.
clone has distinct DMS nose, not really noticeable to the pallette. Taste is very close, daughter reckons mine is 'nicer'.
Looking forward to doing it in the mash tun when finished.

Results like this is what home brewing's all about.
Yours looks like the better beer, nice lacing!

Cheers Andrew, its definetely a good recipe.

IMAG0648quad.jpg
My first crack at a Belgian quad and its tasting unreal :icon_drool2: alcohol is well hidden for 9.5%

996858_10200764846977067_599314702_n.jpg

A simple APA for my third BIAB. I took this a month back, and it's even clearer now (it's about three months old).

t's 5.1% and hopped with Zythos and Cascade for a little bite, and nough flavour to please, although it definitely could have used some more late hopping (I was a bit scared to add too much).

Also, sorry about the camera, it was brand new and I recently realised the focus of the photo is actually the bottle opener.

Hah

Back