Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Warra. :beer:

You & Beerisyummy & maybe Brad noticed that the entire thingummy is kept on a perfectly level keel by that young boulder. :lol:

Just saw your post bum --- Added 164g pulverised raisins to 2 x cups of wort (25 litre batch) at 30 minutes then added the lot at 5 minutes.
No information about this but it seems to work well with my recipe & no, I'm keeping this one to myself. :p

IMG_20130823_175410.jpg

First time trying LCPA and quite impressed. Nice aroma.

Old Rifle Range Dark Mild v12, off the Beer Engine, on the couch, in front of the footy....

image.jpg

jyo said:
C'mon, Batz. Give us some description!
Pilsner that is white chocolaty? well it is! :lol: :p

AndrewQLD said:
Belgian Strong Golden Ale aged on oak, 9.7%
Whoa!

Careful of those Andrew, do you have an oak barrel ?

No Barrel Batz, just access to plenty of toasted oak chips.
This beer is dry and tart with a background sweetness, the oak is dominant at the start but as the beer warms I get raisins, marmalade and a peppery spice with a nice warming alcohol.

I am drinking the first glass of a "dreg batch" of sour I have had sitting for around a year.
At the time, I had racked a kriek and lost loads of liquid to the fruit, so I poured in half a keg of porter I was not happy with along with some blander odds and sods I had access to.

It is quite deep and intense, with some fruit and a good spread of sour flavours. It does have an aceto bite, but I am OK with it and funnily enough, so is the other half. I have trained her well to like nothing but the most expensive beers. I now find myself offering to buy her wine :)

brentice said:
im drinking James Boags (please have mercy on my soul) true story

___________oh+dude+no+just+no+hang+your+head+in+shame+_ece71791d1940e5d12e3dfa174c3ca7c.png

ZJWwBiH.jpg

A simple SMaSH. 2nd all grain, 2nd beer and the most difficult part was working out how to upload this picture. Have to give kudos to the "move to all grain for 30 bucks" thread for showing me the way.

raunchbier 4.jpg
My 4th crack at a raunchier and I think I just about have it sussed. 70% moked malt 30% munich1 25ibu with hellertau hops its very drinkable even on a warm day. it has heaps of smokey/woodfire/bacon flavour without being offensive. I think next run I will sub the munich1 of 2
Prost :chug:

This is the last bottle of the porter I contributed to the Qld Xmas in July swap. I'm pretty stoked with how this came out. Loosely based on meantime London porter recipe.
Very low carbonation hence the "pocket beer engine" ;)

OHCQBId.jpg

Back