Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
This is the last bottle of the porter I contributed to the Qld Xmas in July swap. I'm pretty stoked with how this came out. Loosely based on meantime London porter recipe.
Very low carbonation hence the "pocket beer engine" ;)

OHCQBId.jpg
I cracked your bottle last weekend Liam, a nice tasty drop it was.
Edit: stupid phone keyboard.

Liam_snorkel said:
This is the last bottle of the porter I contributed to the Qld Xmas in July swap. I'm pretty stoked with how this came out. Loosely based on meantime London porter recipe.

OHCQBId.jpg
Yep I remember that beer. Was a goodin'

Liam_snorkel said:
Junkie....Dark side of the Spoon.

What's only just in the glass.
Latest batch of The Pale Mexican.

2.9.13 002.JPG

Tasted too good, I forgot the photo.
Only 13 days in the bottle, expecting the carb and head to improve a little but drinking bloody nice after fighting with the lawn mower.

Gav80 said:
Just fermented and filtered. It does need more time though. Its only a couple of weeks old.
you should have lagered it, that is part of the style, taking the lager techniques and applying them to an ale. I went for a 10 week lager without filter, its crystal clear and crisp! ( Id load a photo but the keg is at a mates house being stored in his fridge for the AFL GF day )

Couple of After-Work beers whilst trying to construct/modify the bar fridge as a bar for the Beer Engine. Pretty happy I have access to stainless sheet, a guillotine, and a sheet-bender at work. Should end up pretty Schmick. But for now, here is the beer (the actual last glass from the keg) that is inspiring me, an American Amber Ale....

image.jpg

Cheers

Busy day on the farm today, winding down with an APA. Not the best I have brewed as I'm doing that tomorrow with my Hop Rocket. :p

apa 004.JPG

Shit, that's the secret to many likes. A blue smiley man. Why didn' I know! ;)

Sh*t I didn't see him till now, that's weird :blink: :blink:

Look at all my hard work today Nick, before and after.

c.jpg

a.jpg

Batz said:
Busy day on the farm today, winding down with an APA. Not the best I have brewed as I'm doing that tomorrow with my Hop Rocket. :p
Did you have a shave Batz ????

PS The possums have eaten your bananas.

Batz - environmental vandal. Think about that before Sat people. Batz will mow your banana trees on his property DOWN. You heard it here first....

Bloody vandals!

Excuse the glasses, they were a freebie from BWS - I didn't buy the beer, they were missing the Vale IPA bottle-opener and SWMBO is very good at getting a better freebie than the original.

So, given I brewed this for her (and she loves it), it's in the "his and her" glasses.

Belgian Blond Ale. Pretty stinking good and a first up fluke, recipe wise.

IMG_20130904_191137_zps5e5e227d.jpg

Pratty1 said:
you should have lagered it, that is part of the style, taking the lager techniques and applying them to an ale. I went for a 10 week lager without filter, its crystal clear and crisp! ( Id load a photo but the keg is at a mates house being stored in his fridge for the AFL GF day )

I lagered the last one for a couple of months. I didn't own or use a filter back then but to be honest I can't really taste too much difference. Mine is also crisp and crystal clear. The only difference I can taste is the slight malty smokeyish grainy flavor from the Bohemian Pilsner malt.
Lager means to store yes, but I don't really think you have to store it on yeast unless you want to store it for half a year or so. New brewing lager beer is a good book with lots of great info.

Back