Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't resist.

My Citra IIPA

20121119_171836.jpg

kendall_pale.jpgMy latest pale ale using a new variety of hops that i won in the raffle at the QABC awards dinner very tastey :beerbang:

Proud as punch of this one. Well proud enough to stick it on the internet anyway!

My fuggles (bittering) and Cascade (cube hopped) ESB.

beer.jpg

Cheers,

D80

i know these things are best drunk fresh, and fresh it is, but i feel somewhat embarrassed to post this photo
looks more like a caramel milkshake than a weizen, been a week in the keg and this is the 3rd glass
is this how you guys drink them ?

Looks like milky starch haze to me or a lot of yeast there Don. What was your wort clarity like into the kettle?

I also crash chill all of my beers, i never take Weizens or any beer for that matter direct from fermenter to the keg without at least a 1-2 day rest @ 2-4deg. I want to avoid any excessive yeast (moreso hop particulate/trub) making its way into the keg. Maybe this was your pitfall? Excessive yeast?

No pic but im drinking a 7% belgian ale. Very young. I had some 3944 i wanted to use, and as i've been drinking the odd belgian lately, thought i'd try it. Pils,med xtal,abbey, sugar in the boil to 1.063. I underpitched the 3944, and fermented at 24c +, purely because i prefer esters, rather than phenolics. Wasn't really sure how it'd go, but i think it's actually good. Not the greatest, but im keen to see how it develops in the next few months. Want to try a more estery belgian yeast for some dubbels, strong ales.

Rosella Weisse

Rosella.JPG

HTFU it's a mans beer.

Irish Red Ale, recipe courtesy of FatGodzilla's "rather be dead than red" - sensational beer mate.

My first dark AG, and it's a cracker. Only 2 weeks in the bottle after 2 weeks CC'ing at 1* - thanks to Melbourne warm week for the carbonation.

IMG_0910.JPG

Shite phone camera doesn't show the colour :(

My first dunkelweizen. Nothig fancy, just used what i had. 1/2 wheat and munich I, and just enough carafa special 2 to get the colour up. Wb06 at 22deg. In the fermenter on Sunday, kegged last night. Fresh is best!

image.jpg

My first dunkelweizen. Nothig fancy, just used what i had. 1/2 wheat and munich I, and just enough carafa special 2 to get the colour up. Wb06 at 22deg. In the fermenter on Sunday, kegged last night. Fresh is best!

Nice one Liam

The first of what proved to be many pints of Irish Red via the hand crank.
IRISH.JPG
(shitty phone pic reflects how I feel today)
and why did smoking cigars at 1 am seem like a good idea....

I haven't brewed one either, but thats how I would do it, as I am not a fan of caramel malts in German beers. What does it taste like - malty-wheat with a slight schwarzbier like roasty/choc edge?

Do you use Canaries to make Pilsner and Crows to make a stout mate?

Gulls work well in a Wit

300gm or there abouts of gulls went into it Tony ;)

Back