Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My American amber ale with 1469 and hopped with plenty of citra and Amarillo late :icon_drool2: Needs another week to clear but I just racked it to the keg and put it on the engine. So fresh so good.

IMG_0780.jpg

I tried a brown ale i brewed a few weeks ago last night. Im sure i added too much grain somehow, but it ended up OG 1.070, instead of 1.055. Anyway, i cracked a bottle last night, and it was bloody nice. More of an old ale really, it's dark with lots of dried fruit flavours, but man, i need to try and make it again. Which is going to be interesting haha.

I deleted my last post from yesterday as I used my iphone to take the photo, but couldnt rotate it 90
So here it is again.
Hefe - big bubblegum and banana - fresh and low on the clove. Lovely drinking on a hot afternoon.
This is what the keno / xmas 2012 winners will be getting.

image.jpg

Hefe with 20% vienna. Bit of bubblegum which is what I was chasing with my first foray with WB06, so happy daze!

20121206_165223.jpg

you meen happy haze mate good beer buy the way

Haha. Glad you enjoyed it, man.

That just looks like a lovely beer mate. WB-06 is a great yeast I reckon. Best dry yeast iv'e used anyway.

Thanks, mate. Yeah, I have a pack of 3068 waiting for me, but I will be more than happy to use this in my hefes from now on.

Something that was in the pipeline for a long time. Imperial black IPA or IBA is more correct I suppose. Didn't get the attenuation I wanted from the 1272 but its been about 3 months in the keg and tastes way to smooth for a 10% beer. All centennial to 100 ibu and lots of pale choc and black malt for colour.

IMG_0802.jpg

Another 3 months and it will be black gold.

EDIT: Not sure why I poor'ed myself a pint i'll be smashed after 1 :icon_drool2:

20121207_210354.jpg

BeerLabel_Mild.jpg

Supercharged with EKG English Mild, Not to style but it's what I wanted to make, a mild with assertive EKG character. Turned out just the way I'd hoped, 3.8% and you wouldn't know it, drinkable as you can get but doesn't feel like drinking a lower alcohol beer.

Wraith

EDIT: Not sure why I poor'ed myself a pint i'll be smashed after 1 :icon_drool2:
Simple => it looks better in a pint.
(even if you don't afterward)

Hefe with 20% vienna. Bit of bubblegum which is what I was chasing with my first foray with WB06, so happy daze!

View attachment 59083
What temperature did you ferment at? I don't mind WB06, but I get cloves and lemon without any banana or bubblegum. I get lovely banana bread aromas during fermentation, but they don't seem to make it to the final product.

Hobgoblin Clone

DSCF2936.JPG

Really enjoying this! I need to do a side by side with the real thing to access the beer fully. No matter, I'll be brewing this one again, the beer looks darker than actually is, colour is about right for a Hobgoblin.

I have two 9lt kegs of this that are going on the beer engine over Xmas, can't wait. :beer:

What temperature did you ferment at? I don't mind WB06, but I get cloves and lemon without any banana or bubblegum. I get lovely banana bread aromas during fermentation, but they don't seem to make it to the final product.

Hey mate. I fermented at 17'. It's a decent mix of banana and bubblegum, and enough to keep me interested in giving it another go.

Cheers.

Ok its early, but im on night shift, and its just a taste, but im trying my hefe out. ITs only half carbed but its tasting pretty nice. Not as much banana/bubblegum, though there is some there. I underpitched and fermented around 22, so thought it'd be more fruity. Still, the balance is good between fruity and clovey, and the fruit is complex. The wy 3638 is so far a good choice. Finished up at 5.5% so will be good for xmas cheer. Hopefully the mrs will like it hehe ;). It is highly drinkable. Highly :)

Hobgoblin Clone

View attachment 59141

Really enjoying this! I need to do a side by side with the real thing to access the beer fully. No matter, I'll be brewing this one again, the beer looks darker than actually is, colour is about right for a Hobgoblin.

I have two 9lt kegs of this that are going on the beer engine over Xmas, can't wait. :beer:

Care to share the Recipe Batz?

Back