Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Heffe for Xmas. The other fermentor of this beer I put 1kg of fresh passion fruit pulp.
image.jpg
Sorry about the pic just got a new iPhone 5 and for some reason it rotated it! Anyone know how to fix this on the phone?

After the sad but expected demise of good brewery friends - the keg of Rosella Weisse and BdG#2 Ambre (sniff) a few new contenders are on deck.
ace1_2.JPG
newace.JPG
a 40 litre kegs worth of Acerola Tarwe (hmmm fruity),
bicws.JPG
and the migration to tap of the Belgian Imperial Chocolate Wheat Stout - needs to be served at about 10 c but freakin' great (and dangerous).

BTW if these shots seem slightly bent, distorted and deformed - the camera was close to a Kraken rum bottle and that will happen eventually.

I tried my munich helles last night, that has been in the keg for 3 months. Wow, what a difference a few months in the keg has on a lager. Very very smooth!. Im an ale man, but on a rare occasion do a lager, though i usually just give it a few weeks and hook in. From now on i will try not to touch for 3 months.

Sneaking in a taste of my 4th version of a S&W type beer. One of the only beers the wife likes, so i brew it for her, though i really like it. Its only half carbed up, and cloudy as, but its tasting very nice. I really like this type of beer, its highly drinkable, and the galaxy tastes so bloody nice. I was going to dry hop it ( i usually dry hop a small amount, maybe 10g ), but we have people coming on sunday, so it'd be a bit bitter/grassy, so i've just left it as is. Pretty bloody nice. Hope it clears up a bit more though. I brewbrited it so should clear up some at least by sunday.

My Nelson Sauvin saison. The recipe worked well in Sydney, but the cooler weather in London (and not to mention different water profile) means that this recipe would benefit from reducing the bitterness and maybe adding some Munich malt.

gallery_2743_249_170300.jpg

Then again, perhaps I should just stick to English ales?!

An Aussie ale i enjoyed after doing some lawn-mowing

If thats after mowing, you should be ashamed, as my grand father would say, "theres still 3 bags of grass on there."

Beer looks tasty... B)

If thats after mowing, you should be ashamed, as my grand father would say, "theres still 3 bags of grass on there."

Beer looks tasty... B)

Haha, i like my lawn lushess and soft, yet nicely trimmed.

57BEF471-CF91-4202-9C93-AB4E96C7A6A6-1543-0000024310DE8CFE.jpg

Belgian Saison. Just about the best Xmas beer I think.
Pilsner, wheat, acidulated and wlp565. Noice...

Saison with Pils, vienna, wheat and a touch of aromatic. 3711 from 1045 to 1002 in 8 days.

109_2561.JPG

Don't know what's in the glass, but fark it's getting me pissed! sm_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back