Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willamette Sparkling Ale. Going down well. :icon_drunk:

Warren -

04052008010.jpg

Santa Maria Pale Ale
img_4308.jpg

Amarillo/B Saaz Bright Ale
img_4310.jpg

Amarillo/B Saaz Bright Ale

Did it smell like passionfruit in secondary mate?

I loved that beer......... will have to do it again some day........... so many hop combos, so little time.

cheers

100_1058.JPG

This is an Oktoberfest ! Malty , dry and balanced. Not happy with Saflager 34/70 though abit to doughy.
:lol:
Lagers

Here is my first AG, wanted to keep it simple so done Aaron's Best out of the recipe db, come out very nice. trying to brew once a week to get all the kegs full (only have 3 atm) but they seem to empty rather fast!

S4010093.jpg

Another dodgy phone pic but really enjoyed this one last night. You lot have been on about it so when i discovered it i had to buy it. Also picked up a youngs double choc stout and a theakstons old peculier.

The Ruddles is a sensational beer, wow! Will be buying this one again and have fingers crossed some Bramling Cross makes it way down under!

I just wish i hadnt told anyone about the shop with the landlord cos you bastards emtpied the store! Grrrrrrr. The 2 bottles i had were both oxidised to buggery (from a well respected pub) and tasted like wet cardboard and raisons.

ruddles7.jpg

hmmm, Thats the new ruddles bottle and labeling....
NOT a fan of it... :D that said, it didnt seem to change the contents flavour.

Still vote ONE, for the old wide mouth, ring pull type thingy of yesteryear :super:

The Ruddles is a sensational beer, wow! Will be buying this one again and have fingers crossed some Bramling Cross makes it way down under!

I just wish i hadnt told anyone about the shop with the landlord cos you bastards emtpied the store! Grrrrrrr. The 2 bottles i had were both oxidised to buggery (from a well respected pub) and tasted like wet cardboard and raisons.

ruddles7.jpg
Ruddles is a fantastic beer. Was privledged enough to have one from the cask in London recently, really fresh and flavoursome.
Bramblings X are well worthwhile getting your hands on. Recently made an English style bitter with nothing but BX and it came out excellent.

Pacific Gem Hop Burst Ale.
PAC_GEM_ALE.jpg

Inspired and very similar to TDA's recipe but not as bitter ( just +20 IBU)

A bit cloudy as it was getting towards the end of the keg / marris otter with no 50 step / Hops all after 30 min :D .

Another great Kiwi hop that I will order and brew with again!

Pacific Gem Hop Burst Ale.
View attachment 19001

Inspired and very similar to TDA's recipe but not as bitter ( just +20 IBU)

A bit cloudy as it was getting towards the end of the keg / marris otter with no 50 step / Hops all after 30 min :D .

Another great Kiwi hop that I will order and brew with again!

:beer:
Nice one Lukes. How do you find the flavour of the Pacific Gem?

C&B
TDA

TDA,
Very impressed.
I mashed the pale ale quite warm and the Pacific Gem worked well with the sweetness of the malt.
I think it would also make a great bittering hop for most English styles but in an American style hop monster it may take some time to tame.

- Luke

B Saaz German Pilsner. Took a while to clear, even with the cow's hoof but getting there now...

bsaazpils.jpg

Brown Porter.
Had trouble capturing the ruby tinge underneath the black. Hints on how to do that camera people?
Maybe if I had had more natural light to work with...

Tasting very nice too...

porter.jpg

You need light behind the glass,defiantly not a dark brick wall.
Looks a nice drop to me anyway.

Batz

My First AG brewed beer first King brown Hefeweizen (thanks Screwtop) Bulk primed just 4 days ago and drinkin the ******* right now well carbed and Tart ohhh yeah baby

IMG_6170.jpg

its actually a lot lighter in color than in the photo (diesel fitter not photographer)

Your a wheat fan aren't you Batz :lol:

Brown Porter.
Had trouble capturing the ruby tinge underneath the black. Hints on how to do that camera people?
Maybe if I had had more natural light to work with...

Tasting very nice too...

Ben,
Yours wet my appetite so much when I got home I poured something of the same style.
Here's a couple of crude examples of what Batz was talking about re lighting.
Excuse the useless autofocus.

Pete
_002_resized.jpg001_resized.jpg

Did it smell like passionfruit in secondary mate?

I loved that beer......... will have to do it again some day........... so many hop combos, so little time.

cheers
So many different aromas... hard to remember. This one was probably more of a passionfruit/grapefruit mix... different season amarillo probably :p
Beautiful beer though.

The Santa Maria Pale Ale was a combination of Simcoe, Amarillo, Columbus, and (NZ) Cascade. Also a ripper.

Latest posts

Back