Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Mild of sorts

b8630e5c.jpg

Plant in spring. You can cut them back and then move them, you'll reduce the yield but they'll survive.

You know what... I'll do it!! Thanks for the advice/motivation :)

Meanwhile... I want to try your malt bill for the rye golden ale. What hops should I use? Amarillo? Cascade? Motueka? Something else?

Its been a while posting in this thread folks but i decided it had to be done! :icon_drool2:

My 6 grain oatmeal stout - Rolled Rye, Barley, Tritacle, Oats, Spelt with some malted wheat thrown in for good measure. Smooth and delicious! That creamy foam says everything.

_DSC2313.jpg

You know what... I'll do it!! Thanks for the advice/motivation :)

Meanwhile... I want to try your malt bill for the rye golden ale. What hops should I use? Amarillo? Cascade? Motueka? Something else?

Amarillo and Cascade work well together.

Moteuka (B Saaz) works very well too. My homegrown chinook is similar to B Saaz and I have made a rye golden ale with them a few times.

Its been a while posting in this thread folks but i decided it had to be done! :icon_drool2:

My 6 grain oatmeal stout - Rolled Rye, Barley, Tritacle, Oats, Spelt with some malted wheat thrown in for good measure. Smooth and delicious! That creamy foam says everything.

That is one gorgeous looking stout - you're right the creamy foam says everything.

:icon_drool2:

Recipe or it never happened

med_gallery_7556_767_22634.jpg

My bastardised lighter/Porter version of 4 Shades, using Brambling Cross and Styrian, 6 months in the bottle and tasting deliciously creamy :beerbang:

Dunkleweizen

Dunkleweizen.JPG

Banana dominated in hydro samples but now it's chilled and carbed, cloves are dominating.

Edit: all the good glassware is still packed in moving boxes!

Stout.
Recipe kindly donated by the Brewer at a local brewpub. After 6 months in the keg it is nice and smooth.
WP_000046.jpg
Kinda need it during my swine flu enforced quarantine.

EDIT: Sorry about the shitty phone picture

Yeah not really a winter beer and i know my glass is crap, but it seems to do the job.
I just like something light after work on a Friday when im knackered.
This has been sitting in the fridge for around 4 months.
Happy with it, except wish i had not of used POR for flavor (pellets) at least now i know, although i will try again one day when i grow my own.
1032 - 1010 so after bottle conditioning i guess ends around 3.3% , prob overprimed a bit, a little fizzy.
All weyerman malt, with S23, step mashed

beer_ML.jpg

You pick.
I prefer the 2nd shot, beer running down glass..
20110702_002_resized.jpg
20110702_003_resized.jpg
Either way it ends up in the same spot :)

P3

Ok Houston we have a problem, more beer pics than intended...
No 3 is from some time ago!

Attachments

• 20110612_002_resized.jpg
    20110612_002_resized.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 17
My latest lager.

IMG_2459.JPG

82% Pils
12% Rice
6% Wheat

Bittered to 24 IBU with Northern Brewer & Tettnang.

Fermented at 19 degrees with S189 then chilled at near freezing for 7 days before running it through the filter.

I was aiming for 4.5% but got increased efficiency with this so it came out at 5.4%.

Very easy to drink on a Sunday afternoon after doing some chores around the house.

cliffo

Awesome looking beers, blokes. This thread keeps me going.

American Amber. Willamette and Amarillo. Dry hopped with Amarillo and Centennial @ 2 gm per litre. I can smell this from a couple of metres away! 3 weeks from grain to brain.
109_0390.JPG

Back