Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking beer Ben!

Another hop I'll have to try! Will never get through my current stash, let alone add to it!

Just polishing off the first of many beers coming to me as the Xmas in July Lotto 2011 2nd place getter.....

StraussyStrauss' English Brown Ale

Going down a treat (and apologies for my dodgy pic too!)

StraussyStrauss_EBA.jpg

Cheers!

Scottish 80/, unfortunately the carbonation just isn't happening on this. I haven't bottled a whole batch for ages and this is what I get, but it is very very nice regardless. It's the recipe out of BCS (AG)

I had this with a batch of stout - actually the one in the pic - as you can see, a month made all the difference.
I was almost ready to rip the caps off and ad more yeast to get the party started.

I had this with a batch of stout - actually the one in the pic - as you can see, a month made all the difference.
I was almost ready to rip the caps off and ad more yeast to get the party started.

Yeah, I've put half the batch on the heat pad & I'll see how it is in a few weeks. It's already been in the bottle a month, I didn't expect full carb (considering how strong it is, I knew it would take longer) but I was suprised at how much it was lacking. Regardless, it wont be tipped cause it's soo damn nice. Leaves me with high hopes should it actually carb up

Triple Hopped IPA.
67% BB Ale
11% Carawheat
11% Munich I
11% Simpsons Golden Naked Oats
US05
Chinook/Cascade/Amarillo to 100IBU... drinking so good after few months in the keg.

Triple_IPA_1.JPG

Schwartzbier
Schwartz.jpg
If there's one thing this country needs, its more dark lagers.

IMG_2758.JPG

"First Attempt" Cream Ale. After a long flight, a short nap and a successful brew, I found the last litre left, so what is a man to do apart from put it in a big litre stein and go to town on it?!

Yum.

Belgian strong ale.

Still a little 'hot' on the back of the throat and could do with a bit longer sitting under the house. Hopefully it will clear a little also.

DSC06332.jpg

This is my Obese Yak
Love cascade and NS together, find though that NS is to be loved and feared in equal measure.Very happy with the balance of this one, cascade used for bittering and aroma, NS mainly aroma
Beer is actually very clear (polyclar and filtered), This one was just poured and bubbles make it look cloudy.

The astute amongst you with good vision may just see the tree through the glass :lol:

obese_yak.jpg

cheers

sean

My first attempt at a mild ~3% ABV, but tasty as hell!

09370b93.jpg

And this one is an IIPA. 9% ABV and 93.5 IBU. These are a one every once in a while beer. Sweet malt and toffee on the nose and palate but balanced nicely with the 93.5IBU.

dafd7561.jpg

Mitch :D

Mitch ..... you would have a mild recipe that you would be keen to share .... it sound great ???

cheers 5 eyes

Franziskaner Hefeweizen. No pic, we all know what it looks like in a stein.

Almost run out of home brew again. I have a bottle of Lord Nelson Citra Sauvin Ale under the house (the last) that might meet its maker tonight.

Really need to get around to bottling the next two and making another batch of Lord Nelson.

As seamad said - Nelson Sauvin is to be feared and loved. I've figured out how to get it right (never longer than 30 mins and fantastic as an aroma hop - trial and eror) and it really works well.

Goomba

Simple Blonde
Pils/Vienna 60/40
EKG
Belgian Ardennes @ 20'
She's hazy as, but I'll forgive her :)

109_0381.JPG

ALDI cider.
Nothing tricky, just juice (not Just Juice boom - tish), brown sugar and S05.
This stuff is pushing five months in the bottle and just keeps getting smoother. Lost a lot of the initial tartness and now has those teensy little bubbles that last the whole drink.
If I can knock out a sweet cider without back sweetening I'll be chuffed. Plus win the favor of my wife. Win, win..

DSC06336.jpg

Sampling some of my Xmas in July Lottos Beers tonight.

First up, Kiefer33's APA

3.kiefer33_APA_Pic.jpg

Then C-MOR's APA

4.C_MOR_APA_Pic.jpg

Both really nice beers! Feedback given in the Xmas in July Lotto thread, including BJCP judging sheets...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back