Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SNC00328.jpg
my Alt... brilliant

Posted this twice, my clone and a side by side comparison of the Traquair House Jacobite Ale. Mines on the left and has a slightly higher carb. Theirs is on the right and is delicious, hard to tell them apart really. Mine wins though, I can make 20 liters of it for the cost of two of their stubbies. The joys of Home brewing...

DSCN0650.JPG

cheers

grant

PS. If you're in the NSW special case swap you're getting the one on the left.

English Bitter

All credit to Butters for the recipe formulation on this one. Grain to Brain in less than 7 days, 1469 fermented it in 4 days flat.

DSCN4341.JPG

English Bitter

All credit to Butters for the recipe formulation on this one. Grain to Brain in less than 7 days, 1469 fermented it in 4 days flat.

View attachment 45523

Hmmm now I'm thirsty again. That ale looks like it should belong on the counter of an old english pub with big beams on a low ceiling designed for short people.

Cheers

... That ale looks like it should belong on the counter of an old english pub with big beams on a low ceiling designed for short people.

Well Butters and I are not 6ft, so I guess we fit that description! :icon_cheers:

Scuse the poor focus but this is my biggest surprise of 2011 - my Chinee Lager with new season Chinese Saaz from GLS himself.
It's scrubbed up fantastically but as I've discovered needs a month of lagering to come real good.

None of the throat stripping bitterness of the 2009 batch and this reminds me of quaffing a Carlsberg. Mild clean aroma, pleasant mid-tongue bitterness, And I've got a kilo of the stuff, :) will be doing this one as a house beer from now on.

chineeMedium.jpg

Scuse the poor focus but this is my biggest surprise of 2011 - my Chinee Lager with new season Chinese Saaz from GLS himself.
It's scrubbed up fantastically but as I've discovered needs a month of lagering to come real good.

None of the throat stripping bitterness of the 2009 batch and this reminds me of quaffing a Carlsberg. Mild clean aroma, pleasant mid-tongue bitterness, And I've got a kilo of the stuff, :) will be doing this one as a house beer from now on.

chineeMedium.jpg

Tried this beer last week. Have to say the best beer made with Chinesse hops Ive had to date.Nice job Bribie.
As for a house beer, well.... Ide like to have the recipe of the other one you had that night, that was really good. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Triple K

71% Wey Pils
22%Wheat
7%Oats

37IBU 8%ABV

and the blue mountains in the background :icon_drunk:

triple_002__Small_.jpg

Well I cant make it to the brewday so I may as well do a bit of QA on the keg I filled yesterday after it had been crashing at 0/1 deg for a 10 days.

Cnr of Munich and Vienna Pils Lager

Beautiful

Cheers

P1050186.JPG

P1050190.JPG

Coopers English Bitter:

IMG_3894.jpg

With controlled fermentation temperatures, this kit produces an AWESOME beer. :lol:

IMG_2994.jpg
Way of the Beer
Brewed for my sensei's grading​

Posted this twice, my clone and a side by side comparison of the Traquair House Jacobite Ale. Mines on the left and has a slightly higher carb. Theirs is on the right and is delicious, hard to tell them apart really. Mine wins though, I can make 20 liters of it for the cost of two of their stubbies. The joys of Home brewing...

Tried the Traquair a couple of weeks ago. Really nice. Any chance of sharing the recipe?

thanks

Can you elaborate on what you included and did what with etc??

Ingredients were:
1.7kg Coopers English Bitter Kit
500g Light Dried Malt Extract
400g Brew Enhancer 2
And a few table spoons of treacle
Made to 23 litres and fermented at 18C with the kit yeast
Everyone who has tried it loved it, and have commented that it has no 'homebrew' taste :) It actually has some nice hop aroma, without any additions.

Coopers English Bitter:

With controlled fermentation temperatures, this kit produces an AWESOME beer. :lol:

Its great having temp control! From fermenter in cupboard and hope for the best, to kits with temp control was a big step in quality.

[post="761976"]Dry Stout.[/post]

I couldn't enjoy this without sharing. :)

_DSC2272.jpg

Very nice! I just brewed this kit up with 2kg of Marris Otter and 300g of Medium Crystal. Chucked in 30g of goldings towards the end of the boil. Pitched wyeast 1099. It is still carbonating, but I shall have photos up soon :) .

Coopers English Bitter:

IMG_3894.jpg

And here it is.
Coopers English Bitter kit.
2kg TF Maris Otter
300g medium crystal
30g Goldings boiled for 15minute.

Still very young, but very tasty
rte-emoticon.gif

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0631.jpg

Latest posts

Back