Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post brewday Vienna

IMG_1722_resized.jpg

Hope you had a good brewday too!
Pete

My American Cream ale, im so happy with it ive decided to make it a house beer! Or at least variations of it...

Hopped lightly with Nugget, Amarillo, and Cascade :icon_drool2: Next time will probably sub cascade for simcoe or centennial...

Cream.JPG

Couple of pics of my latest offerings.

Brown Town American Brown Ale. The pic really doesn't do it justice as it fails to highlight the deep amber tones in the glass. :(

0098_Brown_Town_American_Brown_Ale.JPG

Red Ryder Roggenweizen with 1.5Kg Dark Wheat & 1.00 Kg Rye.

0099_Red_Rye_der_Roggenweizen.JPG

TP

Hey Tidal, was hoping you might have been down for GravityGuru's brewday, we'll meet eventually :)

Just bottled a QLD comp English Special Bitter contender, "SuperLandlord" seen here out of cold crash tonight and tickled with a pocket sparkler. Angels dancing on my tongue, so far - hope it gets legs as it carbs up over the next two weeks.

superlandlord.JPG

Sending 2 bottles down to Butters tomorrow with hopes of the good Dr and Muckey's comments as well.

Hey Tidal, was hoping you might have been down for GravityGuru's brewday, we'll meet eventually :)

One fine day Bribie, one fine day. :icon_cheers:
Interested in tasting a few of those BIAB beers of yours especially that SuperLandlord you've just posted. It's on my "To Do " list.

TP

TP that Red Ryder looks delicious. The beer almost looks like a naked woman with the lights shining in the right places :)

Awsome photo!

Love the Rye and love the Dark Wheat. Im a little sad my bag is almost empty. But i have a bag of pale wheat to play with now :)

cheers

Sending 2 bottles down to Butters tomorrow with hopes of the good Dr and Muckey's comments as well.

luvly jubly.
BTW, muckey lost his virginity the other day, and brewed his first Best Bitter. :lol:

TP that Red Ryder looks delicious. The beer almost looks like a naked woman with the lights shining in the right places :)

Awsome photo!

Love the Rye and love the Dark Wheat. Im a little sad my bag is almost empty. But i have a bag of pale wheat to play with now :)

cheers

Cheers Tony :icon_cheers:
I'm sure you've got more grain for your next Dark Wheat on it's way at this very moment. :icon_drool2:

TP

Finally got homebrew back on tap - had a big break from brewing while I was studying for my IBD exam. Just finished carbing up my Australasian wheat. If the ANZAC brew idea goes ahead for the Tanunda show, I might enter this. 50/50 pale and wheat, NS and Galaxy hops... US yeast though ... 1272 Am ale II. The fruitiness works well though, so maybe I'll re-brew it with a coopers yeast??

Lovely wheaty taste, great creamy mouthfeel, light fruit salad from the yeast, firm in balance bitterness and a nice gentle NS/Galaxy aroma and flavour complementing the yeast character. I'm damn happy with this beer and especially happy to finally be drinking HB again.

Am_wheat.JPG

Got a munich dunkel carbing up now, but it could do with some time in the cold, an Am Pale ale in the fermenter, a cream ale in the cube and a fresh wort kit that I'm not sure what to do with that I bought because I wanted another cube anyway - think I might make it into a festbeer.

All things going well, I might even have a few beers for this years comps .. I thought I was going to have none.

Just bottled a QLD comp English Special Bitter contender, "SuperLandlord" seen here out of cold crash tonight and tickled with a pocket sparkler. Angels dancing on my tongue, so far - hope it gets legs as it carbs up over the next two weeks.

Absolutely Bribie. Just let Muckey and myself know when you post it so we can be there when it lands.......... Beers don't tend to last too long in Butters fridge!

And Muckey - a bitter ey? Looking forward to sampling that!

My english barleywine

A tad too easy to drink.

View attachment 30371

Malty, warming with some dried fruits, low in carbonation.

Brewed my Barleywine yesterday, cant wait to try it but will have to wait!! :( How old is that again DrS??

Looks the goods mate.. :icon_drool2: Sounds like it tastes the goods to...

:icon_cheers: CB

View attachment 30331

And what might that syringe have been for Mr BribieG ?

cheers

Browndog

And what might that syringe have been for Mr BribieG ?

cheers

Browndog

For those who came in late:

Pocket sparkler: buy a syringe from the chemist (minus needle of course) and with a UK bitter or mild pour a glass but leave an inch of headspace. Suck up a syringe full of beer, then from about six inches from the top of the beer shoot the syringe full hard into the beer so it shoots down to the bottom of the glass. The beer will then erupt into a Kilkenny or Guinness froth which will settle down to a rich creamy head almost identical to what you get with a UK beer served through a hand pump with a tight sparkler setting.

Sh*t Browndog I don't know why I typed all that, I'll bring it along to the September meeting :lol: :lol:

For those who came in late:

Pocket sparkler: buy a syringe from the chemist (minus needle of course) and with a UK bitter or mild pour a glass but leave an inch of headspace. Suck up a syringe full of beer, then from about six inches from the top of the beer shoot the syringe full hard into the beer so it shoots down to the bottom of the glass. The beer will then erupt into a Kilkenny or Guinness froth which will settle down to a rich creamy head almost identical to what you get with a UK beer served through a hand pump with a tight sparkler setting.

Sh*t Browndog I don't know why I typed all that, I'll bring it along to the September meeting :lol: :lol:

:icon_offtopic: Pharmacist Bribie, they are pharmacists.

What they know about chemistry could be chiselled on a grain of rice with a shovel.

Back on topic, can you imagine trying to explain your 'pocket sparkler' if you were caught with it in a pub?

Honestly officer/bouncer, its to get a head on me beer.....

Back on topic, can you imagine trying to explain your 'pocket sparkler' if you were caught with it in a pub?

Honestly officer/bouncer, its to get a head on me beer.....

:lol: bahaha, could be quite the task to talk yourself out of that one lol

:icon_offtopic: Pharmacist Bribie, they are pharmacists.

What they know about chemistry could be chiselled on a grain of rice with a shovel.

Yes like when I tried to buy colourless iodine to do starch testing. Their eyes glazed over, didn't have a clue what I was talking about. :huh:

Latest posts

Back