Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My APA for the QABC.

102_4549.JPG

102_4547.JPG

My simcoe and cascade APA...picture makes it look too dark. It is just within the boundaries of the guidelines of an APA - but I don't really care that much - I love the colour. It is also crystal clear after gelatine and polyclar...

First beer from the new Kegerator, very pleased :beerbang:

DSCF0879.jpg

26082009030.jpg

my irish red i found a bottle of in the cupboard. kegs long gone.

mate that looks fantastic... how is the topaz?

I've got a pack of Topaz and I'm itching to get it into an 'Australian' Saison.

Recipe Specifications --------------------------
Batch Size: 44.00 L
Boil Size: 49.31 L
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 10.1 EBC
Estimated IBU: 29.5 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 82.50 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes
Ingredients: ------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU 10.00 kg Ale Malt (6.3 EBC) Grain 100.00 %
25.00 gm Topaz [16.20 %] (90 min) (First Wort Hop)Hops 25.3 IBU
8.00 gm [16.20 %] (20 min) Hops 4.2 IBU
0.50 tsp Kopperfloc (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs American Ale Yeast-Ale

Here is the Recipe I did, only used 33gr Topaz for 44ltrs, get the Grapefruit I reckon like others have mentioned.. Nice all the Same, I would probably not Bitter up to hard at the start next time and use a few later additions to see how it goes that way, prob do another SMASH that way.... I think it would be nice as a Flavour and Aroma addition.... I think there is another Hop that says not too use it to early in the boil as Grapefruit can dominate, maybe the same for this hop???/ :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

Ashes Bitter. ...Yes you are.

IMAG0205.jpg

Shameless plug for my supplier...!

Fanks ChapChap... (& sorry mate, never understood that game anyway - i'm a Man Utd fan)

The other bitter has a bit of chill haze though...

IMAG0203.jpg

I'll bring a mystery bottle of dark comedy to spice up the BABBs AGM tomorrow... if you're there you can guess the ingredients...

-edited to sprinkle peace and harmony twixt two island communities, and to apologise for the sh1t camera phone...

Recipe Specifications --------------------------
Batch Size: 44.00 L
Boil Size: 49.31 L
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 10.1 EBC
Estimated IBU: 29.5 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 82.50 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes
Ingredients: ------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU 10.00 kg Ale Malt (6.3 EBC) Grain 100.00 %
25.00 gm Topaz [16.20 %] (90 min) (First Wort Hop)Hops 25.3 IBU
8.00 gm [16.20 %] (20 min) Hops 4.2 IBU
0.50 tsp Kopperfloc (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs American Ale Yeast-Ale

Here is the Recipe I did, only used 33gr Topaz for 44ltrs, get the Grapefruit I reckon like others have mentioned.. Nice all the Same, I would probably not Bitter up to hard at the start next time and use a few later additions to see how it goes that way, prob do another SMASH that way.... I think it would be nice as a Flavour and Aroma addition.... I think there is another Hop that says not too use it to early in the boil as Grapefruit can dominate, maybe the same for this hop???/ :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB
Cheers. I'd probably up the late additions. The other hops you're thinking of I believe is Chinook...definite recommendations against heavy late hopping although I did a smash with my home grown stuff with bittering at 30 mins and other additions at 20, 15 and 5 and far out it was good.

Now, I need to get some more pics of recent beers up here...

AndrewQld's C.D.A, wouldn't have found it only the keg blew so I went hunting for beer :icon_cheers:

it's a sensational drop :icon_drunk:

cda.jpg

cheers
Yard

btw Andrew, wouldn't mind the recipe mate :icon_cheers:

IMG_0290.JPG

No sunlight here at the moment...

Kt Hopburst brew on the biggest brew day...

Not much of this left.

Was that all in one mouth full or are those bubbles holding onto the glass nicely?

Great Wye Ape Ale! Bewediful
Drinking just vonderful. Thanks to Maple and 4star with this one.
Chap Chap

Mate, looks the goods! iF only they where serving that here in Hue! (Vietnam).

I am having a delightful time sinking all the straw coloured rice lagers and... (wait for it) MICRO BREW Lagers! SWMBO and i had 4 beers (bottled, not draught) for $1.50 today! 1 Huda, 2 Hue Lagers, 1 Festival lager. Some of the Bia Hoi from Ha Noi ive had top anything produced out of CUB, no lies! some where not as good (storage).

I have plenty of photos to show off when i get back!

Cheers/Beers! (back off to my room for my 20 cent cans of Huda!)

Latest posts

Back