Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dark ale with the catapillers.

Ha ha, did they talk back to you?

Here's a lager from under the house. Unfiltered of course. Just 3wks in keg.
IMG_1698_resized.jpg

Doesn't look like August does it?
Damn fools in the local rag still deny climate change.
Expecting 29 tomorrow. So much for lager weather.

Cheerio,
Wad

My first lager, a German Pils

100% JW Pils, Northern Brewer and Tettnang to 39 IBU, a month in the bottle and very clear and tasting good

German_Pils_1.jpg

Aussie-fornian Common :eek:

aussiefornian.JPG

This is the beer I did on my BIAB demo day in July. It's an Aussie Standard Lager with POR and a touch of Saaz at the end but I decided to give the Wyeast California Lager 2112 a whirl. The beer tastes great, delicate with a nice Saaz whiff but has ended up with a haze, looks a bit like a Hefe. And that's not a chill haze you are looking at either. I have heard other people having difficulty clearing Steam Beers.

Interesting. I have an identical recipe in primary at the moment using the Hurlimann Swiss dried yeast, let's see how that turns out.

Choc Treacle Stout.

By far the best stout I've made to date. Took this one early, leaving the other fermenter for another week before kegging, going by this any improvement will be small.

ChocTreacleStoutSmall.jpg

Nice one cliffo, beautiful colour!

Thanks mate.

Woud have to say this is one of the best beers Ive made for a while.

I'm very happy with this one.

I usually use S-04 yeast for this beer but went with Wyeast 1084 for this one and it has turned out great.

cliffo

"Breakfast" stout - nice.
View attachment 29980

Thanks for the inspiration Campbell, might have to go back to bed soon :p .
Choc-oat-late Express Stout.

Bloody hell Yardy, that looks awesome!!!
How's it taste?

Andrew

Hey Stu... 12 months in the fermenter followed by 3 months in the bottle. To be honest it could probably use a little more ageing I'm finding the flavour of the dried yeast I used for priming (US-05) is muddling with the overall flavour a touch. I dare say that will subside though. All in all I'm happy enough with it. Could be more balsamic sour but that's life. :)

Warren -

For my second batch I used dregs from the first batch and it has a heap more balsamic than the first one. Early days for that batch as well though as it's only been in the bottle for a month after 9 months fermenting.

Blonde Ale

lef.jpg

cheers
Yard

Yardy is that a Belgian Blonde a-la-Leffe glass? How long did it take you in primary / sec as I'd love to do one up for the BABBs September Belgian evening but feel I have left it far too late this year. <_<

Looks like there's a few stouts on show this week Winkle? Wouldn't mind a go at yours if it's on par with your usual stuff? :icon_drool2:

My latest Dark&Dangerous FES @ 8.7% & a nice reward for all the tinkering I've done over the last couple of years. Still under 4 weeks old & getting better every week.

0096_Foreign_Extra_Stout2.JPG

TP

Bloody hell Yardy, that looks awesome!!!
How's it taste?

Andrew

not bad for a simple recipe mate, just pils, crystal and a little amber from memory, all Northern Brewer to 26 IBU with 25gm NB at flame out.

Yardy is that a Belgian Blonde a-la-Leffe glass? How long did it take you in primary / sec as I'd love to do one up for the BABBs September Belgian evening but feel I have left it far too late this year. <_<

yeah belgian glass but not belgian brew i'm afraid mate, see above :)

cheers
Yard

fairly clear for a brew that had the whirfloc forgotten from the boil btw :)

Back