Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhhh it all makes sence now TP :)

Deeeeeeeeeerrrrr. Tony slaps forehead.

The glass is a Kwak glass. Its a belgian beer and the glass is a bugger to clean, but great to drink from.

cheers

American Rye IPA - had to brew one after Boilerboy gave me a bottle of his. Happy with the result, the rye lends a spiciness that goes well with the citrus/peach of the cascade/amarillo.

P04-09-09_2147.jpg

And my Munich Dunkel - couldn't get a decent pic of this without the flash, or it could have been the 6.7% AIPAs that made it more difficult..... :lol:
Loving this beer. Had lager drinking mates around and they were impressed with how easy it was to drink. Malty but still dry. I NEED to brew this again and soon!

P04-09-09_2214.jpg

I bet thats the best beer you have tasted!! Well done

Thank you Eric. I am loving this beer, it tastes great. But im a hop head so I think the next brew will be an IPA.

A pint of Bodies from the keg :eek:

Boddingtons_1.JPG

Golden Promise, maize, Carared, sugaz, EKG, Northdown, Styrians, 1469

Boddingtons_2.JPG

Looks tasty BribieG, nice color and the head look dense, mouth is watering.

And now to t'other side of t'Pennines

First taste of my wannabe State comp contender SuperLandlord II. Note I have respectfully turned the Boddingtons Logo facing away from the camera.

Superlandlord_1.JPG

Superlandlord_2.JPG

Oh f**k

:beerbang:

Nice...... :icon_drool2:

Im waiting for the cornflake beer!

Didn't photo too well but it broke the drought at beer o'clock (Monday so that's 3 o'clock Eastern Standard :p ) NZ hops really nice.

Kilo o' Cornflakes red lager with Kiwi hops. 3 months in the bottle it had coca cola bubbles and a bit of a frothy bubbly head, far better a month ago but tasted noice.

kilo_of_cornflakes.JPG

Now I'm getting Pi$$ed and it's only 4.30 B)

They probably would do :p
When the world rice crisis hit about a year ago and rice went from a dollar a kilo to about $1.50 in a month I went to ALDI and bought a shedload of rice, expecting rice to go up to three or four bucks. Never happened but I ended up with many many kilos of a rice that is actually fairly crap in the kitchen but goes great in the mash, so working my way through it :icon_cheers:

They probably would do :p
When the world rice crisis hit about a year ago and rice went from a dollar a kilo to about $1.50 in a month I went to ALDI and bought a shedload of rice, expecting rice to go up to three or four bucks. Never happened but I ended up with many many kilos of a rice that is actually fairly crap in the kitchen but goes great in the mash, so working my way through it :icon_cheers:

LOL....

Im doing my first rice lager, Jasmine rice with Pacific halluetua on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

OK Katie seeing as you are online and trying to get me paralytic, and also because you did such a wonderful job of organising the Biggest Brew Day, here's the pint of my B.B.D brew I'm drinking right now, a seriously confused "American Bavarian Australian COOEEE lager" :p which is still on keg.

USA_bavarian.JPG

Galaxy Malt
Rice
Munich 2
Sugaz

Chinook
Hallertau

Morgans Lager Yeast

Tastes great but the hops are arm wrestling with each other :p

One Pot Jail Cell Ale.

IMG_0348.jpg

Could do with some polyclar or similar, but for the effort that went in - damn, it's pretty fair :eek: . The honey has long gone, dunno where but it's not there anymore which is a shame.

Pity I used such average hops (cheap as chips Czech Saaz), because with some hops that had a bit more character and AAs - it will be a fine drop.

I'm going to repeat it like so:

10L batch.

2kg Ale Malt
100g Carapils
30g Carafa3
10g Pac Jade 60min
10g D Saaz Dry

But it can't be called Jail Cell Ale then. Maybe Minimum Security Ale ... or Conjugal Visit Ale :lol: .

Time for another.

OK Katie seeing as you are online and trying to get me paralytic, and also because you did such a wonderful job of organising the Biggest Brew Day, here's the pint of my B.B.D brew I'm drinking right now, a seriously confused "American Bavarian Australian COOEEE lager" :p which is still on keg.

View attachment 30545

Galaxy Malt
Rice
Munich 2
Sugaz

Chinook
Hallertau

Morgans Lager Yeast

Tastes great but the hops are arm wrestling with each other :p

Looks pretty good to me, Im not drinking beer this month, though the gin is going down pretty good... Still not beer. Gee we did three brews on ABBD day and it went weeks okay so good going Bribie! I think its a great weekend just to get stocks up....

Back