Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Below are the babies i brought home from Belgium, enjoying a Westvleteren Blonde tonight.

beers002.jpg

1.5L 1999 Grand reserve - Chimay
750ml 2002 Saison De Pipaix - Vapeur
750ml Grand Cru Bruocsella - Cantillion
750ml IV Saison - Jandrain-Jandrenouille
2x Westvleteren Blonde
2x Westvleteren 10
2x Westvleteren 12

Word of advice - if you ever see IV Saison, buy it.
Best. Beer. Ever.

You should include your location in your profile (including address and whether or not you leave a key under your mat).

26.5.12_dad_beer_012.JPG

Birthday present from my brother....

nicely done little bro...

may2012003.jpg

Just found this at Dan's and it's reasonably fresh. This bottle even came with two hop floaties!

In Osaka.

Here we have a selection of mystery poppers I saw in the shochu section of the Lawson Station opp hotel. Plus old faithful for non craft beer. I once found a beer in a vending machine called Asahi Black, not the black dry stuff, but a Munich style lager, and I must say I found it quite delicious.

Craft beer here is doing very well. Tourist destinations have cottoned on to supporting their local producers.

2012_05_28_23.16.31.jpg

Good to see you still floating around Dan and even taking a holiday. That is a mighty big inviting can of beer :)

Yeah, cheers man.

I had a really oxidised beer on the shinkansen (bullet train) tonight, signs of an industry finding it's feet.

I found that Asahi black in the supermarket this evening.

2012_05_29_23.25.36.jpg

may2012003.jpg

Just found this at Dan's and it's reasonably fresh. This bottle even came with two hop floaties!

Yea I found it at Dan's aswell, wishing I grabbed a 6 pack now instead of just a single, quite a nice beer!

On the nose it has a nice citrus/piney aroma and pours a nice amber/ruby colour with a small head that maintained as a rim around the edge of the glass on the way down. Taste is just like it smells, maybe slightly more resiny due to the amount of hops, kinda low carbonation compared to other IPA's that I've had but I think extra carbonation might make it seem dryer and the hops might dominate a bit too much. Nicely balanced overall though at 6.8% and around 75IBU from what I've read elsewhere. Cannot complain for $3.99 a bottle, will keep an eye out for their beers in the future :icon_cheers:

DSC_0936.JPG

Picked this up from Archive this arvo.

Hoptimum.jpg

Pours a beautiful colour, clear as a bell. Aroma is nice but not as full-on as expected. First sip or two are possibly the most bitter commercial beer I've ever had (and I do like my IPAs!), but once the palate is adjusted slightly, it's extremely well balanced, especially considering the 10.4% ABV.

Flavour is resinous, slightly piney, orange, and the bitterness carries through well into the aftertaste.

It's a great IIPA, just how I like them - big, bold and bitter.

Anyone who's keen on some better hurry, as I was reliably informed they only got 8 cartons in at Archive.......

Cheers

been running at lunch and not drinking this week so I'm enjoying a freshly filled growler off the keg at Celebration Carlisle. Nice to have a second growler on hand too for when I want to use the blichmann gun.
Its a Haandbryggeriet Costa Rica coffee porter

growler.JPG

Cracking out a rare one in remembrance of an old friend.

IMG_0399.JPG

Saison de Pipaix - 2002
Vapeur
750ml
6%
01/06/2012

Pours cloudy amber gold with a creamy white head that dissipates.

Light body with a light bitterness.

Aroma of sweet sour plums. Definately bretti lambeek something hiding away.

Initial mouth puckering acidity that's backed up with a med heavy sourness that builds with the high carbonation. Once you get over the initial blast your left with a receding sourness and a slight tannin and fruity aftertaste. Bitterness is barely noticeable in the background. The sour fruitiness really shines and steals the show.

Dry and tart finish.

Surprisingly advanced on the sour bombshell path compared to the 2003, which had a nice initial port flavour. The spices that showcase the Saison are again barely noticeable with age.

45/50 aged beauties

Cracking out a rare one in remembrance of an old friend.

IMG_0399.JPG

Saison de Pipaix - 2002
Vapeur
750ml
6%
01/06/2012

Pours cloudy amber gold with a creamy white head that dissipates.

Light body with a light bitterness.

Aroma of sweet sour plums. Definately bretti lambeek something hiding away.

Initial mouth puckering acidity that's backed up with a med heavy sourness that builds with the high carbonation. Once you get over the initial blast your left with a receding sourness and a slight tannin and fruity aftertaste. Bitterness is barely noticeable in the background. The sour fruitiness really shines and steals the show.

Surprisingly advanced on the sour bombshell path compared to the 2003, which had a nice initial port flavour. The spices that showcase the Saison are again barely noticeable with age.

45/50 aged beauties
Argh, that's just cruel!
Sounds amazing! :icon_drunk:

been running at lunch and not drinking this week so I'm enjoying a freshly filled growler off the keg at Celebration Carlisle. Nice to have a second growler on hand too for when I want to use the blichmann gun.
Its a Haandbryggeriet Costa Rica coffee porter
How is the beer?

I too was in carslile, they said they are getting palate wrecker on growler, which makes me want to buy into their setup, but really who am I kidding when I make out that it is an uncertainty...

Yeah, Palate Wrecker and Le Freak kegs will be at Carlisle, IBS, and maybe Sail.

Was just drinking Feral Watermelon Warhead at the Sail. Hands down best beer in Australia.

Back