Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Christmas

WP_20161223_13_05_51_Pro.jpg

Agree with you Manticle, the Belgians are a thing of beauty. Not much of a fan of Westmalle Tripel, Karmeliet is my favourite.

Picked these up for Xmas, haven't tried La Trappe before.

image.jpeg

La trappe is my least favourite trappist beer brand but still better than a poke in the bum with a burnt onion.

Agree that karmeleit is delicious. International beer collector had fresh, well within bbd stubbies for $4ea plus delivery recently. Great beer.

Had this last night. Huge fruit juice ipa @ 9%. I normally wouldn't attempt to descripe a beer but this one is easy. A huge hit of mandarin aroma. Would that be manarina bavaria? I havnt used it. They give the malts used but not the hop hence the name. Mandarine and grapefruit flavour and firm but not over powering bittereness.Tastey.

1482543019529.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1482551757.718131.jpg

First beer from IBC, what a lovely pale ale. Cascade, crystal and relay. Nothing overstated just crisp refreshing and clean. Perfect on a stinker like today.

Mine still haven't arrived so presumably will sit at courier offices in Christmas heat till at least mid next week.

I blame courier, not IBC.

Oh no!!! My mate got his the day after notification of shipping which was last Saturday. I had my work address so Saturday delivery didn't happen so sat with courier over the weekend I was spewing.
Hope yours are in an air cond space at least!!

Sound at the door soon after I posted led to discovery of a box on the doorstep.

Delivery on a Saturday appreciated.

Bridge Road / Doctors Orders sour collaboration (Rasberry). Tart and refreshing with just a hint of raspberry that complements the beer nicely. Minimal funk of any description.

Pretty good session this evening, started off with a red label chimay brown ale which was had a lovely malt flavour and typical Belgian flavour, then the blue label chimay which again had a lovely caramel and typical Belgian flavour, 3rd was the brown label chimay which was light golden and tasted of lemon which was rather enticing then a shepherd neame & co ipa which had a similar malt flavour as the Belgians with a bit more bitterness and english hop flavour and lastly a ballast point pineapple sculpin which is nice though the pineapple flavour is a bit much after the earlier offerings and seems quite artificial not bad but probably not the best choice after the brilliant beers sampled earlier.

Brownsworthy said:
Pretty good session this evening, started off with a red label chimay brown ale which was had a lovely malt flavour and typical Belgian flavour, then the blue label chimay which again had a lovely caramel and typical Belgian flavour, 3rd was the brown label chimay which was light golden and tasted of lemon which was rather enticing then a shepherd neame & co ipa which had a similar malt flavour as the Belgians with a bit more bitterness and english hop flavour and lastly a ballast point pineapple sculpin which is nice though the pineapple flavour is a bit much after the earlier offerings and seems quite artificial not bad but probably not the best choice after the brilliant beers sampled earlier.
All them beers appear to have stolen your full stops.

Mardoo said:
There's an Ancient Greek verb that means "to be reamed up the rectum with a radish." Can't remember it at the moment.
"et cum rectum sit doctos a radicula" - Latin, close enough??

Back