Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had 3 pints of Budvar last night in quick time.

Some times you just can't match a lager done really well. A couple of of the boys arrived late and I insisted on no unsertain terms that they HAD to get the Budvar over the Carlton Draught.

Should have seen the looks, it's like they had never had beer before.

TheWiggman said:
It might be an old generation phone, but the fact still remains I am publicly uploading a photo to an Internet forum on a wireless device. Karl Strauss Pintail Pail Ale.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450851907.402014.jpg
For me, the perfect balance in a pale ale. Hoppy and malty on the nose, almost dry in character with a balance between all the elements in the aftertaste that just makes for an enjoyable beer. In a market flooded with pale ales this is what a good non-fancy beer is all about. Session IPA? Golden Ale? Summer ale? Pff, an ale made in the US that tastes right that doesn't pretend it's trying to be anything else.
I like the fact that at least you get to taste the malt with this American Pale Ale.

Mall said:
Woo Hoo, all ready for Xmas drinks, Collins St style
Had the Karma Citra last night out of my advent calendar. Great stuff.

image.jpeg
Always exiting when something new appears at the local IGA bottlo.. I've really just began dipping my toes into the larger scene, I'm more of an Ale enthusiast.
Tastes a lot more malty than the coopers larger I bought for tomorrow's festivities. Dunno if I'd travel to Estonia to tour the brewery though.

Cheers & Merry Christmas

This was a collaboration with Beer Cartel and Australian Brewery. I have tried a few of the Aussie brewery beers and they always lack flavour and hops, especially when the can says hoppy.

This beer used an experimental hop infused and I have no doubt the Beer Cartel would be disappointed that they produced this beer.....its horrible!!

The aroma is kind of citrus/fruity but the flavour and bitterness....woah! That hop will remain experimental. Ive made bad beers that tasted better than this crap.

Rant over! Don't even try it, yuk.

WP_20151224_004.jpg

Bridge Road Chevalier Saison. Bottle conditioned - does anyone happen to know if the bottling yeast strain is the same as the fermentation yeast strain? I know it's easy enough to shoot a message to Ben on social media, but given it's NYE I figure it's not the night to be doing it!

Anyone happen to know? Would be handy as a source of Saison yeast, which is on my to-brew list at the moment.

No pictures, no evidence, anybody could have hacked and typed this.

A Kirin.

However, there are mitigating circumstances. My young bloke and his mates went down to the Coast for the week, he was sweating on his 18+ card coming through but 'twere a tad late, arriving yesterday. Dad decides to do right thing and ferry it down to him yesterday arvo so he and the mates can go doon tae poob fer a ale or three. When I got there his mate had given him a sixer of Kirin to give me as thanaks.

You see my dilemma....I accept the gift in the spirit with which it was given and it doesn't taste like purified horse piss. But then I am sitting here trying to find even one morsel of taste....I will enjoy this if it kills me.

madpierre06 said:

A Kirin.

However, there are mitigating circumstances. My young bloke and his mates went down to the Coast for the week, he was sweating on his 18+ card coming through but 'twere a tad late, arriving yesterday. Dad decides to do right thing and ferry it down to him yesterday arvo so he and the mates can go doon tae poob fer a ale or three. When I got there his mate had given him a sixer of Kirin to give me as thanaks.

You see my dilemma....I accept the gift in the spirit with which it was given and it doesn't taste like purified horse piss. But then I am sitting here trying to find even one morsel of taste....I will enjoy this if it kills me.
Make a hop tea bag. I'm sure you've got some hops stored away in your freezer!

madpierre06 said:

A Kirin.

Reckon it should taste like the sweetest Nectar, just cos it's from your young bloke (although the hop tea bag might help make that a reality)

Blind Dog said:
Reckon it should taste like the sweetest Nectar, just cos it's from your young bloke (although the hop tea bag might help make that a reality)
Very true, dat. I did enjoy it, eh.

Devils Brewery muscle and molasses porter. Apparently they dump a bunch of shells in late in the boil. Yes, you cant taste 'something', but like the coriander and Curacao orange peel in Hoegaarden, you cant really put your finger on it. As it should be.

Rye IPA from the same mob accompanied by a plate of delicious smoked dead animal from Bruny island smokehouse. Fruity, spicy , smooth and moorish.

From Hotel Bruny, the best beer I've ever had on tap. Moo Brew pale paired with a side of fresh seafood chowder. Had this combo every one of the three days we stayed there. Holy **** it was good.
(Thats the wife's lamb shank in the background, equally yummy)

Latest posts

Back