Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as per last pic - ballast point IPA

had an little creatures pale ale (LCPA) in between this one and the other

boy does the LC's take a back seat

not gonna make it to dinner me thinks

<edit> speeling, grammar and other things

Wow merry Xmas.

Did a bit of Xmas beer shopping for myself too. $100 later oh ohhh.

Fist one off the rank is founders all day IPA which I've been meaning to try for a while.

merry christmas to you too Tahoose and your family! (my kids are driving me nuts at the mo)

hey yeah it's cra$y innit how much we will pay for supremo beero, how's that IPA?

things are heating up here, the mrs accused me of stealing her IPA and drinking it as well as mine - yeah righto...like whatever...like

on a brighter note the hop hog is standing up for itself against the BPIPA, tho only just...weighing in at 5.8%

dave81 said:
Merry christmas to me
Merry Christmas indeed! The Pernicious Weed is great and so is the Yakima Monster, I shied away from the Yakima while I hunted out IIPA's but it blew me away with how hoppy and tasty it was when I finally tried one!

droid said:
merry christmas to you too Tahoose and your family! (my kids are driving me nuts at the mo)

hey yeah it's cra$y innit how much we will pay for supremo beero, how's that IPA?

things are heating up here, the mrs accused me of stealing her IPA and drinking it as well as mine - yeah righto...like whatever...like

on a brighter note the hop hog is standing up for itself against the BPIPA, tho only just...weighing in at 5.8%

why do you have glad wrap over the hop hog ??????? :huh:

when i finished pouring it i realised it has yeast in the bottom, going to try harvesting some for a pale ale :kooi:

droid said:
when i finished pouring it i realised it has yeast in the bottom, going to try harvesting some for a pale ale :kooi:
Isn't it just US05? Or so I'm led to believe.

no in-house yeast as well?

how disappointing...

oh well thanks for the heads up

Ok fair call, but the Feral beers aren't bottle conditioned though??

I peered into the bottom of a stubby after pouring it and it definitely looked like yeast on the bottom, as small as it was, this
<edit> insert pic moron

was rinsed with water yesterday and put in the fridge, that bottom part would normally be clear
anyway if it's just US05 it doesn't matter and or if it's just something else
cheers

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419466770.024560.jpg

Enjoying a nice drop before all the in laws arrive for lunch.

*autocorrected autocorrect.

Bought one of those yesterday, it's in the fridge at the in laws waiting patiently.

Had this sitting in the fridge for 10 months, warming treat for Xmas.

Six String Double IPA - One. The red IPA pumped up to 10.2% and 100+ibu. Turned a bit barleywine...ish, full of flavor and hops!

WP_20141225_004.jpg

I did a Christmas Eve Rogue Nation Brutal IPA followed by Dead Guy Ale. Quite like Dead Guy Ale.

Just imbibing in my Christmas Hop Juice double IPA. I have only had 3 sips and I'm getting lightly buzzed. Lol Awesome night cap.

1419510861122.jpg

Not your typical Aussie esky full there, mate. They'd set you back double the cost of a decent 60L esky.

I have an unshakable image of those Westys,Rocheforts and Rodenbachs wrapped snuggly in stubby coolers...say it wasn't so !

Happy Christmas, AHB.

This has been in the fridge for around 2 yrs...I'm not very good at stock rotation, ok ?

Great beer. I love Holgate.

20141226_202749.jpg

Duvel triple hopped (slightly stronger than standard, usual saaz and styrians then dry hopped with mosaic).

Mine's a tad cloudy but it was in my back pack on the way home. Big head, dissipated rapidly to nothing.
Aroma is mostly lemon zest and kiwi fruit, maybe some honeydew and some soft bready malt.

Flavour is similar - soft bread (fresh baked,dough) and some zesty tropical fruit. Kiwi fruit stands out, lemon and lemon verbena in the background. Alcohol subdued, firm but smooth bitterness. Spritz level tingles on the tongue but carbonation is non-burp inducing. Medium mouthfeel.

Reminds me of midori and quite a decent summer refresher (forgetting the 9.2 %abv for a sec). Well made, well balanced beer but I have a definite preference for the original.

Back