Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very nice.
IMG_1514807363.534150.jpg

I had a brewery send me a sixer after emailing them about a poor bottle I bought at a bar. Was unexpected and very much appreciated.

Unfortunately none of the six were very good either.

@Dave70 You blokes got lucky, I sent a similar message to a certain belgian brewery about a particularly crap bottle of particularly expensive beer. They effectively told me to suck shit, they can't guarantee quality over here because shipping takes too long. I recommended that they don't sell their beer here then as it damages their brand.

tried a few newies over the Xmas break as local bottle shop got some new stuff in

brew dog 9 to 5 wizard . India pale weizen . bought this on a whim for new years eve . not hugely into wheat beers at the moment,still getting over a huge phase a couple years ago , but I like to try all the brew dog stuff when I can . nice beer . more weizen than India pale to me but tasty . drank the 4 pack and felt like i had eaten a loaf of bread

stone's vengeful spirit IPA - wasn't a huge fan . too much orange juice rather than dank . not surprising with pineapple and mandarin in it I guess . not many stones I wouldn't re buy. this is one

stone's ripper PA- liked this. bordering on an IPA with a manageable 5.7% so you can drink a 6 pack .which I did at a bbq . damn tasty beer . will buy again

rogue 6 hop - had this before but its in cans now so had to try it . still tastes good

wayward brewing dad rock IIPA - I had no idea it was a gluten free thing whne I bought it . just tasted like a nice IIPA to me . not a standout IIPA , but nice beer

Golden road ride on IPA - nice, tropical without being Orange juice . will buy again

and need to finish off my advent listing for the ages

day 23

last rites brewing tell us time time tom double stout - nice beer . to be honest was pretty drunk when I had it .but it did the job

Day 24

wayward brewing sour puss. well this was a let down to end it . not a fan of sour. especially raspberry sour had a sip , gave to my misses who had a sip then tipped it down the sink and got a real beer

Today's samplings:

Goose Island Midway
Melvin Brewing Killer Bees Blonde Ale
Deeds Brewing Juice Train
New England Brewing Co Flying Ram Lager
Slipstream Brewing Co Laguna Tropical Pale Ale
Melvin Brewing Heyzeus Mexican Lager

All good beers though really liked both of the Melvins.

IMG_20180106_164604.jpg

One of my favourite bands and a darn good bunch of brewers made a beer! Not really my kind of thing but a great summer beer. A fairly big sour hit up front which i guess is from the passion fruit. Could just be my pallet though.
IMG_20180107_201020.jpg
If your into sours, ipa's and brett then i think you would really love it.

1515914639865.jpeg
After an appalling example of a pilsner some time back, I've risked a Rutherglen IPA 'Turon Widow'. Happy to say it's decent. Sells like an IPA without being a shining example. Not an overtly hoppy pale ale, an IPA. Fruity hops with borderline pine and pushing more on the juicy side. Give it a crack.

I should have learned by now that if you can't understand the language on a beer then google it before you buy it. I saw Citra and Mosaic on the labels and got excited. When its 6:40pm and still 40c i can almost understand why people like sour beers. Almost. Mikkeller Spontandryhop Mosaic. The Citra tasted the same to me.
IMG_20180118_183749.jpg

IMG_20180121_163913.jpg

First ever sour beer and I liked it, completely different from anything else I've tried.

Went into Dan Murphy and found McCashin has brought out another Kiwi Pale Ale. not all Wai iti hops this time and in 350 mm bottles, Galaxy and Nelson hops and bloody nice. They can't seem to make a bad beer.

Latest posts

Back