Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. Yeah.
View attachment 110638

Lovely sweet floral nectarous candy/caramel aroma with maybe a slight spicy element underneath. Flavour pretty much the same. Again, sweet-but-dry, honey (pils) malt has a slightly more candy element to it, bitterness stands out a bit more than the TK.
******* tasty.

That manticle kid might be onto something...

I smart

Not sure what went wrong here. Bro n law gave me a couple of these and apparently he had the same issue with his. All foam, and flavor profile like it had been stored in the reps boot for a month. Disappointing as rye and IPA are a few of my favorite things. Like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Dated the 19 / 9. If anybody from HopDog is lurking, I've got a close up of the barcode, if that helps.

20171208_201348_zpsbt27oeh1.jpg

Sooo..

My brother in law gave them a call at HopDog to see if there was an issue with this batch, and they sent him replacement beers.
Good on em. Cant be fairer than that.

I had a brewery send me a sixer after emailing them about a poor bottle I bought at a bar. Was unexpected and very much appreciated.

Unfortunately none of the six were very good either.

Having lunch for a mates birthday in Port Stephens and decided to grab a locally brewed beer. It’s a Murray’s XPA, definite fruity flavors, can taste the passionfruit. I’m new to tasting different beers and describing them so the best I can do is it’s tropical with a nice hop taste at the end. Was on keg so didn’t get a pic of bottle.

IMG_9893.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

Well I bought a mixed 12 pack of Samuel Adams from my local to try. The Amber Bock, Boston Lager and Winter Lager pretty much taste the same. I had high hopes for the Oatmeal Stout and Old Fezziwig Ale but they were also swill. Tonight I cracked the Chocolate Bock, bloody hell what a cracker of a beer they finally got one right.
aviary-image-1514502374751.jpeg

Happy new year! The only decision tonight is which to open for new year and which to leave for a later fun round of Fantome roulette.

9901CBB2-CCBA-478E-8A97-A50AC1A9F32D.jpg

My New Year Beer:
IMG_9726.jpg

Not a skerrik of noticeable sweetness to this one. It’s all roast and coffee and dark honey and chile and bitter cocoa, with both solid hop and roast malt bitterness. The chile bite is long and well in balance. Thanks to APOD and Forager’s Drop for getting this in.

I’m grateful to have this New Year. Last year at this time I could barely get around. Now I’m giving my daughter piggy back rides for a kilometre. Grateful for new beers too. :)

I haven't tried that particular offering but de molen are putting out some top drops.

They're a regular in ibc six packs and I don't think I've had a repeat that I haven't specifically ordered extra.
No duds yet, been a member over 12 months.

Back