Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG20171109174903.jpg

Bodriggy - chuckaboo

Really really tasty! Local Melbourne brewer. Bit pricey but definitely worth it. It's got coriander in it that adds an amazing cooling element to the beer that really works superbly with the hops profile.

You should drop Ben from Bridge Road an email and see what he says maybe. It's a great beer, have you had their chestnut pils?
Many, many, many of the Chestnut Pils. It was the inspiration for a Chestnut Amber I brewed a couple years ago, and want to brew again, but it's a hell of a lot of work roasting and peeling 15 kilos of Chestnuts.

DJ_L3ThAL put a lot of work into cloning the Chestnut Pilsner. He didn't get it exact. IMHO he got it better.

Last edited:
Day one of the BoozeBud advent calendar my wife gave to me.
Pure gold that girl.
IMG_0893.jpg

Was into this when in NY last Christmas, noice.

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me tralala - Beer Cartel Day #1 Well made but missing something; Oh thats right, bittering hops! don't work imho!!

IMG_1935.JPG

Cracking into one of these, scored it of MHB (Thanks I think). Very little to no carbonation out of the bottle. Dark caramel colour that isn't clear, unsure on if it's bottle conditioned and I've mixed the yeast in or that is the way it is supposed to be.

HOLY DOOLEY! ALOT going on strong alcohol hit on the front palette, followed by sweetness, kinda Belgium type sweetness not as sickly sickly sweet as some Belgium I've tried. Big burbon flavor smack and then some sort of over ripe banana backend.

Mrs said it tastes like straight burbon and should be drank in a small spirt glass with ice.

I left it to warm while having a schooner of half black / half stout to get to the recommended serving temp of 12oC. Kinda wish I started at 4oC out of the fridge to see the development.

Overall enjoyable but to me a bit of a sipper that may have been better to be split into 2 smaller glasses.

One word FULLON!

Thank you @MHB I hope that little fridge is serving you well. [emoji106][emoji108][emoji482]

20171202_202403.jpg
20171202_202409.jpg
20171202_202454.jpg

Day 2 of the Advent Calendar.
4.3% alc, Fairy has rated it a 2 out of 5.
IMG_0905.jpg

Capital Brewing Canberra ACT.

Actually it’s a nice session beer that doesn’t strip you tongue or taste buds. But no after taste, short sharp and a little bit shiney.

Day 3 of the Advent Calendar.
Two Birds Golden Ale 4.4% alc/vol.
To me sweet but dry, I like it.
ATTACH=full]110187[/ATTACH].
Fairy and I give it a 3.

Attachments

• IMG_1512296178.770420.jpg
    IMG_1512296178.770420.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
On the 3rd day of.....
Liefmans Kriek Brut
Someone will enjoy it but thats as close as its getting to my glass

IMG_1940.JPG

Cracking into one of these, scored it of MHB (Thanks I think). Very little to no carbonation out of the bottle. Dark caramel colour that isn't clear, unsure on if it's bottle conditioned and I've mixed the yeast in or that is the way it is supposed to be.

HOLY DOOLEY! ALOT going on strong alcohol hit on the front palette, followed by sweetness, kinda Belgium type sweetness not as sickly sickly sweet as some Belgium I've tried. Big burbon flavor smack and then some sort of over ripe banana backend.

Mrs said it tastes like straight burbon and should be drank in a small spirt glass with ice.

I left it to warm while having a schooner of half black / half stout to get to the recommended serving temp of 12oC. Kinda wish I started at 4oC out of the fridge to see the development.

Overall enjoyable but to me a bit of a sipper that may have been better to be split into 2 smaller glasses.

One word FULLON!

Thank you @MHB I hope that little fridge is serving you well.
emoji106.png
emoji108.png
emoji482.png

I had mine sat night as well.
Mine poured clear but you're right - bottle conditioned so it needed a careful pour and a finger left behind for the second. Carb was there but low (suits me, suits the style). Alc present but well hidden considering abv. I found it very sweet - something I attributed to the bourbon.

Mine was room temp. Definitely a sipper, have enjoyed some other de molens more but was still very impressed.

Advent Calendar day 4.
3 Ravens APA.
IMG_0909.jpg

5.0 % alc.
Fairy rates it a 3 and so do I
You’ll notice a second fairy in the pic, well that’s fairy’s Mum and the story is this .
My B I L in Adelaide scored the same Booze Bud deal, but looking at mine I found that #7 has no label so I contacted him (3 days ago)and he sent a vid, in the vid he was sliding the bottle in and out of the paper bag but not showing the label.
So trying to better him I sent one of Fairy’s Mum telling him off then Fairy saying “ha ha you got told off ha ha”.
I haven’t heard from him since!
Yep I’ve pissed him off yet again.....I win again.

"Liefmans Kriek-Brut is a perfect blend of Oud Bruin and pale beer aged on cherries." That's from their website. Sounds like a cracker. Please try it and if you don't like it tell us why. If nothing else it will be a learning experience for you.

got the crafty brew advent calendar going . mother in law got it for me again this year as a xmas present . last year it was decent., some choices I didn't really rate but some good ones as well .wouldn't buy it myself ,then again I hate set menus in general I rather choose what I want , but appreciate the effort from her

catching up

• day 1 5 barrel brewing hoppy amber -living in Gong area had this beer a bunch of times .always enjoy it
  • day 2 hop dog Cosmic Highway - again had a bunch of times. like it. could be my 4% to 5% beer of choice
  • day 3 bent spoke barley griffin- havent had any of the bent spoke before and this was forgettable . was a drinkable 4.2% pale ale but just nothing to really get excited about it . kinda boring beer ,and hate those wide top cans
  • day 4 little brewing company wicked elf pale ale .haven't has one of these for a long time and I really enjoyed it . was more malty than I remember it .has a different label , so not sure if they have changed the recipe.

Last edited:
"Liefmans Kriek-Brut is a perfect blend of Oud Bruin and pale beer aged on cherries." That's from their website. Sounds like a cracker. Please try it and if you don't like it tell us why. If nothing else it will be a learning experience for you.

Hello Bridges, thats a very fair call but yes I have drunk a number of Krieks and I seriously don't like them. I was expecting a few Belgians to pop out of the calendar and when the Liefmans appeared I was very impressed with its inclusion but sadly not to be drunk by me. A good friend of mine will be drinking it at xmas and I’m sure I will hear for quite a long while what an idiot I am! I don't get to drink 45&6 till Wednesday but am looking forward to 4&5 already - Cheers…

Latest posts

Back