Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weekend catch up

day 8 - Hope munich lager. I like the Hope beers .even though I'm really not not lagers at the moment was keen to try it . and yep, its got that lager taste that I am just not digging lately but it was crisp and clean and a well made example

Day 9 big shed brewing Kol Schisel German pale ale . really wasn't sure what to expect from a GPA . but it was a nice beer . lagerish in appearance but a nice drinking pale ale . still wouldn't say I know what a GPA exactly is but it was a good beer

Day 10 Dainton brewing american pale ale . my local bottlo sells a few of theirs but haven't gotten around to trying any . cracked open the APA had exactly 2 sips put it down for a sec and my 2 year old ran up to me and kicked it over which left exactly 1 more sip in the bottom . shame cause they were tasty sips. nice beer . will have to try some others

well never to late to get on the advent calendar bandwagon

Hawkers Pilsner , nice easy drinking pilsner , very suprised at the IBU's being 40
hawkers.JPG

balter ipa.JPG

Balter IPA , not much of a smell to it , Im not really an ipa fan but I didnt mind this i would say its got simcoe in it ? and is well balanced with gradual building of bitterness and quite suprised that its 6.8 % .
Just the muted smell lets this down a bit for me

Moo Brew Single malt single hop.JPG

Tassie Brewery Moo Brew this is a single malt single hop brew with tassie pale ale malt and Enigma as the hop. Was very impressed with this sort of tropical flavours with a little hit of bitterness to finish , hard to describe a very interesting hop.
I have had there pale ale before and wasn't overly impressed but this I would buy any day of the week , would be a nice summer quaffer

Their pale is good when fresh. Most of their range is solid off tap in Tas (mostly mona wine bar for me - fresh as it gets).

Belgo is the exception in my experience but admittedly never tried it on tap (bottle experience put me off)

day 11

6 string brewing tropical pale ale - was ok. just wasn't very tropical . expected more of everything

Beer Cartel Advent Calendar day 10 & 11

3 Ravens White (Witbeer) another Belgian (inspired) beer the best part of which was washing it down with a glass of #11!!

Mornington Brown A fine example of an English Brown Ale well made and had lost nothing for being in a bottle but, I prefer the more complex taste of a good porter

IMG_1975.JPG IMG_1976.JPG

Their pale is good when fresh. Most of their range is solid off tap in Tas (mostly mona wine bar for me - fresh as it gets).

Belgo is the exception in my experience but admittedly never tried it on tap (bottle experience put me off)

Always meant to have a look at Mona , now if they have a bar there really is no excuse lol

I’ve dropped 3 beers from my Advent Calendar due to shift work,umm and I forgot to take pic’s and put the scrawled notes on pieces of paper somewhere safe.
One was Prancing Pony pale ale?, must have been dodgy as it was all head. ( lucky glass)
One was a hazelnut...from Bad Shepherd, didn’t mind that one from memory.
And the last was Pact pale ale? being warm here today it went down very nice.

Always meant to have a look at Mona , now if they have a bar there really is no excuse lol
There is a bar downstairs within the museum so you can sit and drink in subterranean bliss. If you hate the underground, the art or have just had enough, there is another bar upstairs with beautiful views.

A new building opens later this month which will stay open very late - I’d be surprised if there’s not another as part of that but I’m unsure. Anyway booze (and good booze - besides moo there is a lot of great beer available, mostly bottled but sometimes tap too*, great wine, great whisky, etc) is very readily available.

Yes,I am affiliated (with the museum, not the bar) but I will never credit a shit bar.

*eg - recently had tripel karmeleit on tap.

*eg - recently had tripel karmeleit on tap.

That has to be one of the worst beers I've ever drunk!!

Massive call. Maybe you got a badly treated bottle or are just not into Belgian tripels but you are competing with tun bitter, blue moon, geelong bitter and skunked corona (among a large number of others) for the title of ‘worst’

Blue moon? You musn’t have put an orange slice on the glass manticle [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

manticle your right but, the beers you mention we and they know are crap and no one is trying to pretend anything other; but the Belgians hold up their beers and profess them to be ‘Worlds Best’ ffsake, I call the king has no cloths on!! and they cost HOW much…. I’m proud to be in the 5% that calls bulls*t to the Belgies and their (carp) beer :-}…

Latest posts

Back