Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
Gotta get some of that stout, my brother is picking it up this week from Slow Beer. :D
Funnily enough I didn't get to it! After the hop stoopid I figured I wasn't really giving it a chance. The hop stoopid is an amazing beer though. Resinous and dank and almost syrupy but just fantastic. I only grabbed one of the courage RIS and it is tempting to grab a few to put down for a few years, I know that wouldn't work though, I'd just as likely knock them all off in the next month or so.

edit for clarification.

Know where you're coming from about knocking the beer off you were meant to be saving, made some Barley Wine for winter but could not resist having a bottle every now and again to see how it's going, winter tomorrow and probably only got half left. Happy birthday for yesterday by the way.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1496224411.543813.jpg

For research purposes I swear, BJCP tasting exam coming up fast. The Fantome though will also be added to my existing Fantome bug farm and make an appearance in my next saison.

another new one for the week

Modus new black IPA . cascadian or something

super, super tasty . dark , roasty and still hoppy . going back for more tonight

Most of this went down the sink. Thin and ******* horrible
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1496566417.271444.jpg

Shame, usually their Keller Door stuff is very good. This one wasn't to my palette.

Picked up a 6 pack of Ballast Point "unfiltered sculpin" I grabbed it as I really dig their beers generally and this was claimed to be hoppier than the regular sculpin which sounds awesome. I don't harvest yeast but I do wonder if you could from this. I may know more a bit later after I open a few.

Bought two of these from the local supermarket and could only finish one.
IMG_0795.JPG

Closest thing I can get to Stout right now.
Shocking taste, never again.

My 'desert' after a feed at the Durham Castle Arms, Kingston ACT. They also had a half decent selection of micros on tap.
Hot cider flavored (served from the urn) with - spices - clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, possibly allspice? I'll have to make a long distance call to the Huon Valley and ask. Delicious.
If you could work some caffeine into it, every morning would be Christmas.

IMG_3738_zpsygac7rue.jpg

Now that cider does sound nice, can you buy it and heat yourself?

Cant see why not. Getting the spices right may take a bit of doing though. Definitely tasted infused, not hot cider with some post hoc additions. The aroma is a huge part of it.
My best description would be baked apple pie crust. Thats gets you pissed.

Well now. Spoke to Mark at Willie Smiths, and in fact, as of today, they're producing pre packaged spice kits for distribution to pubs to suit 20L batches. Serendipitously, the mulled cider thing was apparently a bit of a gimmick to draw attention to the other ciders in the range but seems to have grown legs of its own. He said to flick him an email and he'll furnish me with the seven not so secret herbs and spices.
What a nice man.

Here we go. The actual page he sent me was much nicer, but I cant seem to link the PDF.
So heres the scan / cut / paste version.

If only fellow countrymen Moo Brew were so forthcoming with their pale ale recipe and method..

CCI_000085_zps7sin9vqo.jpg

big fan of this at the moment

perfect for winter .

Attachments

• IMG_5633.JPG
    IMG_5633.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back