Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few rare and grand tokay and port from rutherglen as a thankyou for helping with a wine show.

Liquid raisin gold.

My mum's got some family involved in rutherglen wines but my communication with them is minimal.

nosco said:
Theres a brewery in that area that does a roaring trade in the holiday periods thats has some ok/average regular beers. I have had some truly god awful beers in that place. I had a Belgian Blonde at Easter time i could not finish. I prefer the flavour of cheese mould on a Camembere.
Ok it was Bright Brewery. I had to get that off my chest.

nosco said:
Ok it was Bright Brewery. I had to get that off my chest.
. Have to disagree with you there. I've tasted their core range and the beers were very nice. I particularly loved the Pale, Amber & Porter

Our neighbour brought me a sample six pack from Bright when they went on holidays. I was surprised, that unlike most Australian brewers, they did lagers and lighter beers a lot better than their heavier, darker drops. Porter was shocking, Amber wasn't very nice, Dubbel didn't deserve to be compared to a Belgian beer, Pale was average and the lager was outstanding. I also really enjoyed their Witbier, which is unusual for me.

Ahhh, Rutherglen. If you can ever come up with some good Durif (AKA Petite Sirah) from Rutherglen, it's a wine of unimaginable depth and power. It always needs age, but Rutherglen grows Durif like nowhere else in the world. Truly. It's the perfect soil and climate for it.

Cough...beer...cough. As we were.

Had this one sitting in cupboard fer quite a while...seemed only fitting wit' family all out and a Chris Cornell tribute playing a bit o' Cochise.

IMG_0803.JPG

I found a six pack of Coopers Vintage, circa 2011 in my cellar the othe day.

Not bad!

I might give the other five a few more years and see how they fair.

File_000.jpeg

Having a London Pride first time in a while. Maybe its my highly developed pallet *chortle*,*snort* but it seems a bit more carbonated and a bit thinner than before. A bit less of the mineral taste perhaps. I hope they have'nt changed it. That would be a shame :(

Nah got it from Seddon. I wish they sold that kind of beer in HX.

Edit: more reason to make my own.

Where has this been all my life? I found this little chestnut at uncle Dan's. Kostritzer dark lager - decent German beer at $12 a six pack. That's cheaper than a radler style beer. I will be back to get more. Sorry about the sideways photo.

IMG_3357.JPG

kalbarluke said:
Where has this been all my life?
It's a great beer isn't it. The price does my head in when compared to the local mainstream offerings.

Black Duck Brewery H.U.B collaboration Bock - Strong, malty flavour. Smooth carbonation. Some fruitiness. Great beer

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1495790526.302074.jpg

couple of new beers over the weekend

Old Fitzroy near my work did a Hawkers brewing tap take over. stopped and had their IIPA. really good. big fan of the pirate life and its up there . a little less dank and a bit more fresh . super tasty

also grabbed a 4 pack of the new feral brewing war hog IPA form Dan's on Saturday . nice IPA . nothing really blew my mind about it but it was a good beer . would buy again

Happy b'day to me...
20170530_1956541.jpg
Should do me for the evening. I like that the courage russian imperial stout has a best before in 2026 printed on the bottle too.

Latest posts

Back