Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much the only decent beer they make, imo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398335394.630871.jpg

Back to the days when I would simply walk up to the beer area and grab some random beer from the shelf with no research or knowledge.
Very smooth and no over-powering bitterness. I was expecting some more flavour. Doesn't seem to be much of anything going on.

Head disappeared straight away.

Edit: it's a little warmer now and more chocolate is coming through. Maybe I should view this as a palette reset from APA and IPAs. :)
And there's a nice slickness in the after-taste which I assume is the oats.

Drinking a Bronx Pale Ale & it's not too bad at all - approaches IPA territory, lovely biscuity malt, grape fruity hops, nice aroma. 4 x pint size cans at Dan's for $13. Giddyup!
Also, as close as you'll get to a recipe on the can: malts, hops, IBU, OG, FG. I love when they do that, even though I won't try & brew it!

Came for northside novice, am dissappoint.
Un-learned on different styles. Intend to make a pils next, so thought I might try a few first. Classic Urquell first, then this:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398338453.225175.jpg

Has a characteristic 'something' that makes it a pils. Poor head, but crisp and acidic aftertaste. More pleasant than the Urquell and I'm wanting more. Have had some Coopers 62 pilsner recently and you wouldn't know they're the same type of beer.
Embarrasses the Crown I had beforehand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398339580.135060.jpg
Was tossing up between the hef and the pilsner. Should have bought both. Ha ha.
Nice tart taste up front and also a nice lingering tartness as well. Just some taste training so I can make one for the wife. She had a 4 pines hefe and quite liked it. Figure I will bottle it as it is quite rare that she wants a beer.

Just had a pint of Vanilla Oatmeal Stout off the handpump at Flat Rock Café in Naremburn in Sydney.

Lovely creamy mouthfeel and body, and perfectly balanced coffee chocolate roast flavours.

TheWiggman said:
Came for northside novice, am dissappoint.
Un-learned on different styles. Intend to make a pils next, so thought I might try a few first. Classic Urquell first, then this:

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398338453.225175.jpg

Has a characteristic 'something' that makes it a pils. Poor head, but crisp and acidic aftertaste. More pleasant than the Urquell and I'm wanting more. Have had some Coopers 62 pilsner recently and you wouldn't know they're the same type of beer.
Embarrasses the Crown I had beforehand.
Get a Trumer Pils (Austrian). Won't look back. Pilsner Urquell is corona like by comparison.

Noted. Hopefully I can say the same about mine when I brew it... pff, who am I kidding?
Just gotta find somewhere that sells it.

Lobethal Bierhaus Choc Oatmeal Stout
A growler best enjoyed amongst friends
DSC00463 (2).jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398506182.711473.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398506194.942125.jpg

Sorry about the pictures!

First time having chimay and honestly was alright but that's about it! It was too carbed for style I think so I wonder if maybe it was not stored well?

Zywiec was really nice on the cold evening!

Wilkens

Lots of Belgians are highly carbed. Can always let it sit a bit, they're better cool rather than cold.

St bernadous tripel. Very nice beer. Not too phenolic or estery but nice easy drinking tripel.

image.jpg

Just got back from Warners at the Bay Bottlo. It's like disney land but with beer....

Looking forward to drinking this lot

photo.JPG

wide eyed and legless said:
I love that Moa that you have there.
Yeah, it's really delicate and fruity. My boss gave me one last Christmas and insisted I drink for breakfast. Wasn't terribly impressed by their pale ale though.

I love all Moa beers except for the breakfast. It tastes nothing like breakfast and everything like deodorant.

Liam_snorkel said:
I love all Moa beers except for the breakfast. It tastes nothing like breakfast and everything like deodorant.
Wow. Its the only one I really like. Each to their own i guess.

Which kind of deodorant? Just thinking that it might be a more cost effective way to get that delicious flavour and enjoy it at the gym, work, after showers etc :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back