Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stateside saison. Excellent. Oranges and spice err'where

1397740774742.jpg

Thanks Andrew :cheers:

Some from last night:

Ballast pt big eye. Such a reliable beer.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397963240.805056.jpg

Fortunate to be able to get this from over the bar and take home
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397963279.239572.jpg

Rogue choccy stout. So nice. Head like a cappuccino
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397963344.278799.jpg

Sierra Nevada pale ale. My tastes have totally changed. I find this sweet and not that hoppy. I lasted 2 sips before ditching it. Just not into us pale ales anymore. Give me Belgian, funky, sour, or a combination of all haha.

Bridge Roads Robust Porter. Been sitting in the fridge a few weeks waiting for the right time to drink, Saturday night, BBQ, cool evening, cool breeze, just right.

Bloody nice drop. Smooth and creamy, no real roast bitterness to speak of, very little hop flavour. Very easy to drink. Wish I'd bought more than 1 when at the brewery.

May need another trip to Beechworth......hunny, we need a weekend away....

Some from the last 24hrs:
Ultra smooth for a double IPA
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398063229.441212.jpg

A dark tart
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398063273.976381.jpg

Best beer I've had in a while
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398063394.739193.jpg

Complex and delicious sour
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398063428.272387.jpg

Less interesting. More sour. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398063495.493526.jpg

Speights Triple Hop Pilsner. Had to have a go of it when I saw it Silver Medalled at the Beer World Cup 2014. Easy enough to drink... pretty decent for a mega!

This beer is epic! Beautiful malt profile with a soft fruity hop presence. Finishes dryish with a firm but not overpowering bitterness.

Love it. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1398147614.302402.jpg

Panhead Fresh Hopped Vandal IPA. Brilliant stuff. Bitterness that bites with smooth hoppiness from that point onwards. Panhead is pretty decent in NZ right now. Guy from Tuatara makes it and it is easy drinking beer done well.
Had the Saison the other day and it was also class!
Cheers :kooi:

Hook Norton Haymaker. This is nice and gives me confidence I'll pull off a basic british pale.

At $6 for 500ml in Tassie, it's reasonable compared to most beers, they had Ballast Big Eye for $24 a sixer, I almost died.

The Hook Norton 12 days is great too, Big Eye used to be great value, now it will just sit around going stale, pissing me off when I can't resist buying it.

chrisso81 said:
The Hook Norton 12 days is great too, Big Eye used to be great value, now it will just sit around going stale, pissing me off when I can't resist buying it.
Just starting it now.

Office is closed for the week so thought I'd give my liver some exercise.

IMG_2516.jpg

Going down a treat.
Bought for only $12 a sixer from one of my local liquor outlets. Presumably it's at a bargain price because of the best before date of January 2014. Unbeknowns to them, the extra time to mature has probably improved this beer!

Back