Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good evening Aussies, I'm having the Pale Fire Ale from Pressure Drop Brewery. It's lovely, but I prefer the Bosko IPA.

Top marks for the label as well!

photobeer.JPG

Less of a beer review and more of a heads up for anyone in or near Newy..
The Hop Factory have been doing a Waitangi Day celebration. A couple of pics from some lunch beers today - Epic Hop Zombie and 8 Wired Tall Poppy. Follows on from the last couple of days in having the pleasure to have a few of these beauties on draught - Liberty Citra Jnr, Epic Pale Ale, 8 Wired Hopwired and Yeastie Boys Pot Kettle Black. I know they have 8 Wired Superconductor and Yeastie Hud-a-wa' to come, so hopefully tapped some time this week. Not for the "Light of Wallet" as we know with most Kiwi beers - WTF is the deal with the expense of brews from across the ditch?
Loved both of these today - the Tall Poppy had a burnt toffee note (dark crystal) to it which was lovely.

Cliff
Hop_Zombie.jpgTall_Poppy.JPG

image.jpg
Bottled jan 2011
Lovely Canadian , bottle conditioned , getting some really nice mellow spicy ness :p

I could probably tell you :lol: but I wont .

westy is much better :icon_drool2:

or not
maybe hmmm

have to do a side by side one day mate if ya keen !

Is it the novelty factor that makes it better? I'd certainly want it to be better if I had one! :D

I cant crack a westy till at least july, sounds like a plan , your on :super:

until you try, anything you hear is just hear say ......

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1392296969.903377.jpg

It was very good. Definitely not my favorite beer though.

Ps. Please don't crucify me for drinking it from a wine glass haha. It was for a friends birthday on Rottnest Island and we were severely limited in our choices.

4 Pine Pale Ale.

PALE ALE
A colorful deep Ruby Amber appearance. Aromas of Pine and Grapefruit overlay a malt background. On the palate full bodied malty flavours with a tight and bitter finish.

Umm, overly malty cloying finish. Under bittered so not clean at all. Minimal hop aroma and flavour.

you might have got a dud. The fresh ones I've had were bursting with hop flavour/aroma.

Really digging the SN Kellerweis

Edit: Plus allows some sneaky yeast harvesting!

sierra-nevada-kellerweis_bottlepint_high.jpg

Latest posts

Back