Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mardoo said:
I believe they filter and then use a different yeast to carb...correct me if I'm wrong.
They do suggest to swirl and pour the sediement into the glass, this perhaps suggests that it is the brewing yeast otherwise what would be the point of the swirl?

this person harvested kellerweis yeast and got a similar flavour profile, although it was in 2009.. maybe they switched to a different bottling strain since then

There is a few clone recipes floating around, I will give it a shot, although maybe not the open fermenter style, not quite ready to go there yet.

image.jpg
Happy Friday drinkers :p

I had one in darwin last week and got a malt dominated nose and taste, toffee I think, but a real lack of hops. I enjoyed it however its not what I thought it was meant to be.

indica86 said:
4 Pine Pale Ale.

Umm, overly malty cloying finish. Under bittered so not clean at all. Minimal hop aroma and flavour.

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Please sir
MORE!?!
You want More !

Your tongue must be a tiny flap of skin now with all those sours. Lucky bugger!.

Do you use the dregs in your home brews ??. Worth it IMHO

Mountain Goat IRA
No backlight but trust me, there's a nice red hue to this beer.

DSC00229 2.jpg

Dark fruits and bready malt, delicious. I'm accompanying this with homemade peanut butter & raisin cookies. My face has the same expression as the monk on the bottle.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1392532326.881695.jpg

No pics
But been to the Pig and Whistle on the Mornington Peninsula over weekend
Tasty Amber Ale and Pale Ale on tap

8 Wired Farmhouse Pale Ale 5.0% off FYO from the local went down a treat yesterday. 1.5 litres of Summer beating goodness was owned until my mouth went numb. Tasty tasty!

Back