Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2uxvbkp.jpg
from little shop in yarraville

Alpha Queen is old, but I am glad that are selling it in Vic again after the popularity of the new world smash (which I don't like!)

Trying a Sly Fox, Summer Ale from Feral, not even any info on their website about it. Very nice though.

Guessing:

BB Galaxy
Pils

Mosaic
Motueka

Nice :)

syl said:
Trying a Sly Fox, Summer Ale from Feral, not even any info on their website about it. Very nice though.
Yeah, I was looking at their website today and thought it was weird that they've got all this new branding but haven't updated their website or added the new beer.

I enjoyed the Sly Fox though. It's probably the best Golden/Summer/Blonde Ale I've had.

brewtas said:
Yeah, I was looking at their website today and thought it was weird that they've got all this new branding but haven't updated their website or added the new beer.

I enjoyed the Sly Fox though. It's probably the best Golden/Summer/Blonde Ale I've had.
'tis well done, similar to my summer ale. As with all feral beers, it has that added freshness :)

Timmermans Oude Gueze.

Quite nice, tart and slightly funky as it warms a bit. Not the best gueze I've tried but still very drinkable.

1392794854343.jpg

Rainy day on the coast this arvo....time for a LC Single Batch.

1392797721037.jpg

Just made the used by date....lol. these would keep for another 12 months.

1392797790931.jpg

A nice, honeyed Tripel. I've never brewed anything Belgian, although I really enjoy their beers.

One day...one day...

Ed-Stupid pic fell off !

I think some people would find this too sweet, but I like it.

It's almost got a Belgian-y candi sweetness going on, except more toffee than a dark dried fruit sweetness associated with dubbels etc. Maybe the Cherrywood gives more perceived sweetness...maybe?

Nice, warming 8.3% for a cool evening...good beer.

Ed - Bottled with maple syrup, apparently. That'd explain it

Danwood said:
I think some people would find this too sweet, but I like it.

It's almost got a Belgian-y candi sweetness going on, except more toffee than a dark dried fruit sweetness associated with dubbels etc. Maybe the Cherrywood gives more perceived sweetness...maybe?

Nice, warming 8.3% for a cool evening...good beer.
these guys turn out some awesome beers I will have to keep and eye out for this one

What ! No one's had a beer since 8.43pm yesterday ??

C'mon people....

Fairy nuff.

Can someone check on NN though ? I'm getting concerned.

Liam_snorkel said:
this person harvested kellerweis yeast and got a similar flavour profile, although it was in 2009.. maybe they switched to a different bottling strain since then
When I was there I asked if they used a different strain for bottling. Steve Dressler said no, granted that was in regards to the Pale Ale. I imagine the wheat would be the same.

Dark apple ale from two metre tall brewery. Tastes like a lambic cider topped up with a lovely real ale. Strange. Not sure about this one. I do admire the bravery of the brewery though. Worth trying.

20140220_221951.jpg

It's an interesting beer that's for sure. I had it last month and loved it. Have you had their original sour?

Liam_snorkel said:
It's an interesting beer that's for sure. I had it last month and loved it. Have you had their original sour?
No. But I will be trying all of their other beers. Sour might have been a better description than lambic.

20140220_2200121.jpg
Four or five years old.
It is my birthday, I have tomorrow off, but my beer stocks are critically low... and I am basically sober.

Back