Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dibby33 said:
No. But I will be trying all of their other beers. Sour might have been a better description than lambic.
The sour is great - not as puckering as a cantillion and really smooth. Next bit of spare cash I get together will go towards getting a box sent up here :D

After drinking through the menu at the bavarian beer cafe we headed into the Embassy for a couple of post dinner cheeky beers. Among other things the Bacchus Double Choc Stout on the handpump was awesome. So smooth and chocolatey. Also snuck in a couple of hop hog pints to test and both the flavour and aroma were as expected. I really wish the bottles were as consistent as it is on tap.

Friday lunch beer. I make a point of visiting the local independent bottleo which has a tiny but surprising craft beer selection.
This is really good! Very malty without being thick. Toast and caramel, and a good amount of grapefruity & resinous hops. Similar to a fresh 4 pines pale but maltier & more complex hops.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1392957869.423380.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
Friday lunch beer. I make a point of visiting the local independent bottleo which has a tiny but surprising craft beer selection.
This is really good! Very malty without being thick. Toast and caramel, and a good amount of grapefruity & resinous hops. Similar to a fresh 4 pines pale but maltier & more complex hops.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1392957869.423380.jpg
Tried their Golden Ale for the first time the other day, was really tasty and a few more quickly disappeared....

New England brewery brown
Really lovely malty and slighty nutty, low carbonation. Quite a nice beer
At Mother's Milk in Sawtell, their licence got approved the other day, i think I've found my local!

Ballast Point - Victory At Sea

Beautiful Imperial Porter with Vanilla & Coffee, first tried this at Hamilton's Tavern, San Diego and thought Ballast Point has retired it. Stunned to see it on the shelf in Sydney a few weeks ago.

Victory At Sea.JPG

lukiferj said:
Hahn superdry. Not a joke. I feel so dirty. Only had one and then made up an excuse to leave a mates place.
You went to a mates place without a sharing homebrew?

lukiferj said:
Hahn superdry. Not a joke. I feel so dirty. Only had one and then made up an excuse to leave a mates place.
You went to a mates place without a sharing homebrew?

Woke up to find empty bottles including

Leffe Blonde
Leffe Radieuse
Two Birds Golden Ale
Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
4 Pines Hefeweizen
Sierra Nevada Kellerweis
Growler of homebrew (bit heavy handed on the biscuit malt) Kolsch

Its become evident why I feel like my brain is missing.......

I'm not sure if new packaging means new recipe?

Still as bright as ever, so it's either filtered to remove the haze the new wheat additions would likely create, or it's still the old recipe.

Latest posts

Back