Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20131121_140511.jpg

Lagunitas - Little' Sumpin' Wild

I guess it is a Belgian, Imperialised version of Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. Didn't dig the phenolic thing it had going on. Kinda wish I'd gotten the regular version but still happy to have tried it as I don't imagine I'd get any other chance. Also had a few others (Pils, PS, IPA, Hairy Eyeball) and none were as good as I remember. Dunno if they're a little off their game (or if the accountants got to them) or if the old tongue is getting a little tired. They were getting rid of grist while I was leaving - the place smelled amazing and made me want to brew pretty bad (which is handy since that's how I brew).

Some pictures that don't necessarily show what is in the glass right now but holy shit would you just look at this:

IMG_20131121_123422.jpg
IMG_20131121_123408.jpg

Some IGA supermarket in the middle of NOWHERE.

IMG_20131121_123600.jpg

I don't rate Pliny that highly in the bottle but at that price? Yeah, I had to buy a few.

$7 bucks for a 6 pack of Bear Republic Racer #5 :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Really, really enjoying a Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper (2012) right now.

Lodan said:
Has anyone tried James Squire's Constable Copper Ale?
Had a few off tap the other night, smashable ale
I had one the other day but only in the bottle. Its pretty much a proper mild. I think they done a great job with this one.Tastes really nice and at 3.5% not a bad driver/ count beer. I think this and the coopers mid are the tits. I liked it way more than xxxx gold cans. lol

20131122_1945381.jpg

20131122_1743271.jpg

20131122_1712521.jpg

ED: Sculpin not a scratch on fresh draught version, but I had to cop the expense to just back my claims based on ageing data.

4 pack of Bridge Road Brewers Single Hops IPAs (Ella, Vic Secret, Galaxy, Summer). Very enjoyable and fresh from BWS.

20131123_1508311.jpg

20131123_2104121.jpg
Woah, that baby fires with both barrels and has a kick. I have a bit of a jammed up schnozz, but it doesn't seem overly aromatic, malt flavour is alright, firm bitterness and burn baby burn.

Linden St - Old Brick Bitter (Tap. Brewery local to where I am staying at the moment, this is pretty much identical to the Old Speckled Hen clone I made (which is to say kinda OSH-y but good enough))
Lagunitas - Brown Shugga (Tap. Holy god, amazing)
Ballast Point - Sculpin IPA (Tap. At the risk of causing further controversy with my opinions...Gorgeous buuuuuut the difference between Pliny bottle to tap is way bigger. Also prefer Pliny in the bottle.
Evil Twin - Falco (Tap. Shithouse. Proper shithouse. I make better beer than this every batch and I make some shit I'm pretty ashamed of sometimes. No obvious brewing flaws, just a fuckedly design beer)
Cellarmaker - Hop Slangin' IPA (Tap. Smells amazing but hideously dry and unbalanced)
A coupe bottled Plinys.

Rebellion Brewery's seasonal release this time around is an IPA. ******* delicious, great job Millet Man if you happen to see this. Lingering bitterness and good hop aroma/flavour and good mouthfeel thanks to the higher (than their standard) abv...

View attachment 66493
Found this in Glenden of all places !(small mining village 2hrs west of Mackay)
was only $2 a bottle bbf 10/13 which may explain it, still tasting very good even after a bumpy flight to Brisbane .
Wasn't an iga but sounds like I will be searching all the local ones ASAP :super:

Lecterfan said:
Rebellion Brewery's seasonal release this time around is an IPA. ******* delicious, great job Millet Man if you happen to see this. Lingering bitterness and good hop aroma/flavour and good mouthfeel thanks to the higher (than their standard) abv...
Was Millet Man previously at O'Briens or am I thinking of the wrong guy?

Had Evil Twin/De Molen Ashray Heart since my last post and it is AMAZING. De Molen's greasy fingerprints are all over this. Got their signature dark beer thing all over them shits. So great. Also had Haand Bryggeriet's Odin's Tipple which is a repeat for me but so amazing. Currently on Coronado's Island IPA which smells kinda bad but drinks okay. Would be mildy pissed if I brewed it though. Muddy but drinkable and not entirely without interest.

[EDIT: so drunk on beers you can't get]

bum said:
Was Millet Man previously at O'Briens or am I thinking of the wrong guy?
Same guy, same business - the bottles still say O'Briens, so perhaps Rebellion Brewery is more just the name of the venue itself.

Nogne 0 100. I would have waited on this but the Wife grabbed it from the stash and I had been working mighty hard this weekend. Never had a bad beer from these guys and this is my top choice right now (just above the Saison and 500)

last night
Very tasty SWMBO bought it home as well as a couple of Feral Hop Hogs
IMG_07131.JPG

Back